Big 4 Poll

Best Big 4 Band

• Total voters
Slayer

Best:kickass: band:kickass: ever:kickass:

To a point I can totally agree with you!!!

Their 2 best albums (Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood) > any other album by the big 4

:heh:

Megadeth are very close second, after all they didn't turn completely shit until they made Risk, although Youthanasia was nothing amazing compared to anything else by them :p and their first 5 albums are immense, even the new stuffs isn't THAT bad! :oops:

Can't decide who I like least out of Thrax and Tallica though.... they have both been shit for a large number of years and only have a couple of albums I really like....

Im gonna go with Metallica. I love their first four albums, even thought the rest are shitty. Followed by Slayer Megadeth then Anthrax. All four kick ass though.

I think Megadeth's discography is the strongest overall, though none of their albums can touch Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. All those bands have had their clunkers. :erk:

Anthrax for me.

I never really got into Slayer back in the day. Probably because my mate used to play his really shit cassette copies of their early stuff. I think he made them by facing 2 boom boxes towards each other and recording on one while he played somebody else's copy on the other. Put me off of them for a long time afterwards.

I voted Megadeth.

For me the running goes like this..

1. Megadeth
2. (Closely followed by) Metallica
3. Anthrax
4. Slayer

pfff.. Slayer is overrated imho :erk:
Seasons is the only album I really like.
There are tons of other thrash bands which deserve the spot instead of Slayer.

I would agree that they are OVER rated, but man, what other band could take their place???

I thought Seasons was too watered down, the ripping guitar tone got lost after Reign in Blood, when they switched to EMG pick ups... and most of the real thrash parts on Seasons were basically recycled riffs from RiB and SoH.

:Smokin:

Slayer's was at its best until Reign in Blood, after that it wasn't as good as it used to be, but still ok.

I find all the albums great (even Undisputed Atitude has something), but that's probably because Slayer is my favorite band. The worst album (not counting UA) is South of Heaven. It's still very good, but it just lacking something, probably because it's slower than the previous albums.

From best to "worst":

1) Reign in Blood
2) Hell Awaits
3) Show No Mercy
4) Haunting the Chapel
5) Christ Illusion (You might shoot me for this, but I found this to be the best album since RiB.)
6) God Hates us All (I rated it under CI because it's more hardcore-oriented in my opinion, and the solo's and technique are better at CI than at GHUA.)
8) Seasons in the Abyss
7) Divine Intervention (Though I must say that the quality of recording isn't very good.)
8) Diabolus in Musica
9) South of Heaven

1) Reign in Blood
2) Hell Awaits
3) Show No Mercy
4) Haunting the Chapel
5) Christ Illusion (You might shoot me for this, but I found this to be the best album since RiB.)
6) God Hates us All (I rated it under CI because it's more hardcore-oriented in my opinion, and the solo's and technique are better at CI than at GHUA.)
8) Seasons in the Abyss
7) Divine Intervention (Though I must say that the quality of recording isn't very good.)
8) Diabolus in Musica
9) South of Heaven

wha...!?!?!? o_O