Big 4 Poll

Best Big 4 Band

• Total voters
Hahaha Metallica and Megadteh drawing XD

Hardly surprising, but dammit Ol I would've thought you'd have better taste in music - Metallcia have churned out crap for 20 years now, they're not worth it lad! :p

Slayer for me, even if Tom is a Catholic at least he opts to sing about Satan and hasn't gayed out like Christian Dave Mustane!
And Metallica went from awesome to straight up shit from Black onwards!
As for Anthrax, well it's their fault we had Nu-Metal and Rap Metal thanks to Bring the Noise!

god_listens_to_slayer.jpg

I have to say Megadeth is my current favourite. I really think Metallica have had it. They're wasting time with this new album and everyone is getting fed up or got fed up a long time ago.

Slayer are still the most consistent out of The Big Four and I think they are my second favourite band with Anthrax third and Metallica a lowly last behind all the other good thrash bands that didn't get into the top group.

But seriously you could take all the first four albums from each of these bands and that would be an awesome collection of music right there. And that is why the are (were) The Big Four.

megadeth to the N^2 degree. the first 4 albums are the majority of my music diet. holy wars, looking down the cross, my last words, rattlehead. hell that whole first album was perfect.

you know what, this is interesting.... i don't know if it is a thrash album or not.

it has all the elements of a thrash album, but it has variety...... and metallica were progressing away from thrash straight after kill em' all so..... i don't know.... it has thrash in there definitely, but in equal measure it is just awesomely heavy HEAVY metal that is uniquely metallica! i think thats an open argument, and will be for a long time, i think its thrash AND not thrash.

yeah even if its proggressing towards something that isnt altogether thrash, there are some songs which are just thrash and dont have little melodic interludes and so on.... Battery, disposable heroes and damage inc

Metallica in terms of sheer musical prowess (and diversity)
Slayer in terms of sheer darkness (and blood)
Megadeth in terms of sheer politicalness (and punkishness)
Anthrax in terms of sheer coolness (and Scott Ian's goatee)

They're all good in their own way. I only voted Metallica because they got me into metal.

you know what, this is interesting.... i don't know if it is a thrash album or not.

it has all the elements of a thrash album, but it has variety...... and metallica were progressing away from thrash straight after kill em' all so..... i don't know.... it has thrash in there definitely, but in equal measure it is just awesomely heavy HEAVY metal that is uniquely metallica! i think thats an open argument, and will be for a long time, i think its thrash AND not thrash.

that's what brought me to thrash in the first place it was heavy like death metal and the harcore shows i used to go to in '05 but it had the tecnicality and variation i liked from Maiden and Rush and Liquid Tension Experament.