Big Fucking Earthquake

Pessimism

Endemic Vagabond
Feb 16, 2004
SoCal
Holy fucking shit. Japan has just gotten rocked by the worst shit imaginable.

Al Jazeera live feed here

Damage so far:
n6p7W.png

1xrFW.png

L9zce.png

netg5c.gif

tqjPZ.png

Incoming Wave:
ygA1d.png

Airport is just fucking gone:
vuNpx.png

More oil refineries burning:
IlxYi.jpg

USGA reports:

LB2tK.png

And now oil refineries are exploding:
2zQln.png

255972061.jpg

Tsunami time-travel chart:
ttvulhvpd9-01.jpg

Yes, Hawaii does have a tsunami warning.
Also, two more aftershocks. A 5.8 followed by a 6.3

redditor from Fukuoka posted saying he/she didn't feel anything, so I'm taking that as a good sign for krampus. Tsunami issues everywhere. Folks in Australia, New Zealand, and Hawaii, be on the lookout

Honolulu has apparently already had tsunami sirens go off. I can't get a confirmation on that though.
Edit: Also, I am updating the earthquake list - hoooooooooooooooly shit.

Yeah I know.

Japan is actually warning of another massive earthquake rivaling that of the 8.9.

I just saw a god damn whirlpool in the ocean off the coast of Japan. What the god damn fuck.

---

"Just spoke to my friend in Honolulu, all the hotels on Wai'kiki Beach (Hilton Hawaiian Village, etc.) are being EVACUATED to the north and the sirens are going off like it's World War III." - Well fuck.

Warning in Oregon confirmed, the entire pacific basin is under total watch.

What's really cool about Japan is that they have these really tight protocols in regards to these situations. Public transportation automatically shut down, power stations went offline and sealed themselves immediately, the nuclear power plants did the exact same thing. Now however, one of the nuclear plants is reporting an abnormality.

NHK said: Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant is in trouble now. The emerging diesel plants to cool Nuclear Reactor stopped.

4.6 earthquake just hit Hawaii.

code:
AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 1058 PM HST 10 MAR 2011
COORDINATES - 19.3 NORTH 155.0 WEST
LOCATION - ON THE SOUTH FLANK OF KILAUEA VOLCANO
MAGNITUDE - 4.6

NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. REPEAT. NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED.
HOWEVER...SOME AREAS MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED SHAKING.

fuck, i live basically a 35-40 minute walk from the coast in San Francisco and there is noooo fucking way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. Despite what the likelyhood or estimated intensity is I still am pretty paranoid and consideringggg going to some form of higher ground, ugh.

FB post from Der Krampus:

"I am safe, sound and earthquake/tsunami free down here in Fukuoka. Thank you all for your concerned messages!"