BIG Iced Earth (bad) news!

:lol: @ Spiff & Goreripper.

On a more serious note, I'd like to echo Spawn's initial response to the news. IE spent years trying to find the right singer and now he's gone :cry:

I guess Matt did the right thing. If his heart wasn't in it, it would show in his vocals. Then we'd all be on here bitching and moaning about how out of form he sounds.

Ripper would be an interesting replacement. If he were to get the gig, at least he'd have better lyrics than the tripe Tipton gives him to sing :rolleyes:.

W

Actually I think that Jon just didnt want Matts vocals on the album, then have to tour it with a different guy, I find it extremely hard to believe that Matts vocals werent as good.

It would have made it even more difficult for the new guy to have to live up to what Matt did on the new album, I think thats why they decided to wait. Which is understandable I guess.

Im f**king glad I didnt go to Wacken now.

I understand what both the guys are saying, but it is still such a damn shame. I kind of agree with Spruce, that IE is made up of Jon and Matt, not just Jon. Without Matt, and without a suitable replacement, it just might not seem like IE. Heres to hoping they can bounce back with a good replacement, and move forward. :)

As for everyone saying 'Matt isn't a song writer', sure, Jon writes most of the stuff for IE, but what Matt does write is pretty damn good too. He has had a hand in writing some great songs, and is credited to writing half of the lyrics on 'Horror Show'. Admittedly Jon's songs are better, but Matt is definitely no slouch either.

spawn said:

That's awesome. I've spoken to Schaffer twice, and that's the impression he gave me even before I knew he was actually like that. When I asked him about the quality of the contributions made to IE by the likes of Richard Christy and Steve Digiorgio, he said something like, "Well, yeah, they're good, but they're just playing the songs I wrote. I wrote all the drum parts, all the bass parts. They put their own little spin on them, but it's all me, me, me, me..." or something similar. :)

Goreripper said:
When I asked him about the quality of the contributions made to IE by the likes of Richard Christy and Steve Digiorgio

Well besides playing their instruments, they didnt contribute anything at all :) Richard Christy is a fantastic drummer, but did he really do anything spectacular that made you go "Thats Richard Christy playing"?

Which isnt their fault, as he said, he basically told them exactly what to play. I think thats the point he is trying to make.

If you spoke to him after Digiorgio screwed him im sure that didnt help his attitude :)

Unless the setlist is:

Stormrider
Solitude
The Funeral
Transylvania
God Of Thunder
Enter The Realm
and lots of talking :)

Thats the encore :lol:

Its so weird, now if and when I get to see Iced Earth im not going to see Matt :cry: After all the bootlegs I have gotten its going to be weird seeing someone else... Oh well, life goes on I guess :)