Bill Hudson to play with yet another band...

Metal...
You should totally dress up like Bill and take some 'promo-like' pictures with some long haired dudes. Then post an article on Blabbermouth about "Bill has join yet another band" and see if anyone notices. Oh, the uproars that shall ensue!

Think about it....April Fool's will be here before you know it.
We have much time to plan.

"Dude, why would anyone impersonate me? I'm Bill Hudson..."

- R

The comment was not directed towards anyone in particular, but a bunch of 'smartass' comments I saw here in this forum before. There's always someone who think they know how I should handle my career better than I do. Again, unless you feel you were a dick, don't feel guilty.

And just for the record, NO Power Quest members knew about the band being on PP X but ONE, the one who signed the contract. So it has nothing to do with anybody's mouth. Oh boy...

Anyways... I thought I'd post here a blog I wrote about this terrible trip to Brazil (where I still am right now) so you all know how that went. Try not to laugh... :)

"BILL HUDSON & VERNON NEILLY’S RETARDED ADVENTURE IN BRAZIL!

It's 1:51AM in Brazil (9:51PM CST) and I'm writing this from inside ANDRE MATOS' tourbus as we're on our way to Sao Paulo, from Goiania.

I came to Brazil with my very good friend and jazz virtuoso Vernon Neilly because we were supposed to have been guests of VOUGAN for their live DVD shooting. VOUGAN is a great Brazilian power metal band which features my other very good friend Carlos Zema (COLDERA, ex-OUTWORD) on vocals. Needless to say, Vernon and I were really excited to share the stage with him and his band. ANDRE MATOS' band was also scheduled to be playing tonight, and they came from Sao Paulo, which is about a 13 hour drive, for the bullshit we all went through that I'm about to describe.

First of all, we were invited by Carlos to guest on their DVD about a month ago, and due to a bunch of problems, the promoter didn't send our plane tickets until ONE DAY before we had to come. At that point, we had
pretty much assumed that we weren't coming anymore. Because of that, we both made different plans, and kinda had to work out a way to actually make it to Brazil. That included me having run to the US immigration without an appointment to get a stamp I needed in order to leave the US, and find out the 11th was a holiday by driving to their Los Angeles office and finding them closed! The day after I went in the morning, got the goddamn thing and........yes, missed the flight! I didn't get out of their offices until 2 hours before the flight was meant to leave and Vernon waited for me. It was too late, and we had to reschedule the flight for the next day!

We finally managed to leave the US on Thursday (Nov. 14th), which is pretty fucking late considering the show was on Friday the 15th and we had never even met the other guys in the band, haha! We started to see a little pattern of bullshit there. And yes, there was more to come... our flight from LA to Dallas, where we had a connection, got delayed an hour and our flight from Dallas to Sao Paulo was supposed to last...you guessed it, ONE HOUR! That meant we had to get there, find the gate and haul ass to catch the other plane. Luckily we did catch it... but it was really damn close! 9 hours later we got to Sao Paulo and we had a 7 hour connection there! At least I got to see my parents, who came to the airport to have lunch with us during the connection. That was really good and made up for the bullshit I had gone through thus far. Then, a 2 hour flight to Brasilia to catch ANOTHER connection and this time the flight to Goiania was 27 (yes TWENTY SEVEN) minutes long. I wonder why we couldn't just stop in Goiania in the first place haha!

When we got there, there was no hotel booked and the promoter was nowhere to be found, so Carlos had to send two of his friends to pick us up at the airport and take us to his house! VOUGAN was supposed to play an acoustic set and had to set up everything themselves. Carlos was running around like crazy and we barely had time to say hi before Vernon, me and Val (Carlos' girlfriend) went out to get some awesome pizza. Then we got back to the venue and watched their set. More bullshit there, as the promoter vanished with the money and the light guy ended up having to yell at some people to get his money!

Vernon and I had to end up sleeping at Carlos' house. Luckily he did have 2 guest rooms.

I woke up the next day and saw all the guys from VOUGAN looking/acting desperate. Apparently there were problems with the venue and Andre Matos' band. They got into town and had no hotel booked (surprise, surprise), no guarantee paid and the venue wasn't even aware the event was happening! Up to that point, Vernon and I were facing this more as a vacation than anything, and we were supposed to play a guitar clinic the day after, which was really the only money we were gonna make this whole trip. After we found out about everything we kinda freaked out.

Four hours and a filled Police report later, Vernon and I hopped on Andre Matos' tourbus and here we are.

I really feel bad for Carlos and VOUGAN, because they really did all they could to make sure me and Vernon were comfortable and safe! FUCK THE PROMOTER NAMED CLEVERSON who fucked me, Vernon Neilly and Andre Matos over. That only goes to show why people think Brazil is a jungle. And you know what? When it comes to that, it really is!

Rock on!

Bill Hudson

P.S: Here's a video statement apologizing to the fans that all of us involved did in Goiania.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAdAJz4b6Y"

Bill, what a nightmare! Thanks for the update (was wondering wth you've been! duh!) So sorry to hear that this trip hasn't been all that great, especially since you were looking forward to it so much! At least you got to see your family, and maybe you can see them on the way back too.

Corrupt promoters really really piss me off. Its hard enough for legit promoters to get things scheduled, to get bands to trust them, etc... nonetheless to have people do it as thievery.

Corrupt promoters really really piss me off.

+ 1000

We are amazingly lucky to have Glenn as a promoter. Sure, he doesn't always tell us everything...because that would ruin the surprise, or maybe imperil his band reservations at the hotels. :)
But he's a straight-shooter who doesn't mislead us, his crew or his bands. :kickass:

--Unlike certain promotersFatHarry who I could nameFatHarry but won't do so, out of FatHarryrespect for-- ahh, nevermind. :saint: