Biological and Environmental Components of Homosexuality

That's not the point. You say there are two kinds of gays. I don't know how you came to this learned conclusion.

It's not a learned conclusion. It's a stereotype. There seem to be effeminate "gays" and ultra masculine "gays" and they play up to those stereotypic roles in their culture. It's what being camp is all about isn't it? So it's no wonder if it looks like that then. Someone (not on this forum) tried to defend "gays" by saying the real ones keep out of the "gay" culture. Not my view. Sorry I can't enlighten you more. The point was just to explain the issue of the twins - nothing more than some idle speculation.

Almost all my friends actually speak like that.
you motherfucker!
emot-sissies.gif

It's not a learned conclusion. It's a stereotype. There seem to be effeminate "gays" and ultra masculine "gays" and they play up to those stereotypic roles in their culture. It's what being camp is all about isn't it? So it's no wonder if it looks like that then. Someone (not on this forum) tried to defend "gays" by saying the real ones keep out of the "gay" culture. Not my view. Sorry I can't enlighten you more. The point was just to explain the issue of the twins - nothing more than some idle speculation.

I think he was bullshitting. "Bad gays" and "Good gays" has more to do with personality than sexual orientation.

identical twins brought up together often make a decision to forge a different path to their clone. They wish to assert some individuality. Therefore the "gay" twin may have chosen his orientation or perhaps the heterosexual one is suppressing his homosexuality.

this is a valid point, twins raised together often feel the strong need to individualize themselves from their clone, with males, it could be something like both of them getting part time jobs really young with the 2 of them working in completely different fields of work such as one being a car mechanic with the other being a profesional artist, with females it is all about visual appearance, with one twin having really short hair and the other having really long hair, or different hair colors, or dramatically differing styles of clothing, if they are nearsighted enough that they need corective lenses to see distance, then, really frequently one will wear glasses with the other one wearing contact lenses

but, one twin being gay and the other being straight might have to do with "the mirror effect" documented in the personalities of some twins, where one is left-handed and the other is right, one has hyperactivity disorder with the other being sedentary, one is extrememly extraveerted with the other being introverted, introspective, one having better than normal memory with the other having worse than normal memory, and even slight above and below learning capabilities, i can't remember where to find references, but there were CAT-Scan/ blood analysis studies done on elementary-school-aged twins showing that these "opposite" charactaristics in twins are frequently appearing to be the result of each fetus receiving differing amounts of certain pre-natal hormones durring key moments in pre-natal development, if such pre-natal hormonal differences were indeed present, it would ofcourse be because the human female reproductive system is designed to give birth to single child at a time as opposed to a litter, so one twin being gay and the other being straight could have been the result of the fetus that ended up being gay being exposed to less testosterone and/or more estrogen/progresterone than the other fetus, a fetus being exposed to more or less than normal of these 3 hormones at key moments in fetus development is what causes hermaphrodite-ism

I can think of a possible answer. Many "gay" men choose the lifestyle and are not biologically "gay" but really just perverted and often bi-sexual. These, so I have heard argued, (but am cynical about) are a bad stereotype of what "gays" are like and give homosexual men a negative image that "real gays" find disturbing. Hmmm.
i understand that many completely gay people have a problem with bi-sexual people, but this is something that needs to be discussed in a completely seperate thread, and maybe such a thread should appear in a different forum

Hmmm...

See, I believe that there are cases either way. I believe that some people are just naturally attracted to members of the same sex; so biologically homosexual. But I also believe that some people become gay because of their environment, whether that means an unusual (abusive, neglect, etc.) childhood or rejection by members of the opposite sex. Personally, I see no natural advantage to homosexuality, so I personally don't believe in it; but I completely agree with people's right to homosexual activity. It just doesn't offend me.

But I don't believe that homosexuality is hereditary; because homosexuals can't reproduce, ;) I do believe that homosexual behavior in one's surroundings can influence homosexual behavior.

there are a lot cases of females becoming lesbians as the result of being raped/molested by males, (subcouncious fear that any sexual contact with a male will be a repeat of the trauma of the rape/molestation)but as far as i know the majority of lesbians have NOT been raped or molested
also as far as i know, being the victim of rape/child molestation does not affect the sexual orientation of males

homosexuals actually did reproduce in United States of America for aproximately the 100 years prior to the gay rights movement of the 1960s
what was happening was that the homosexual people were purpousefully having children as part of their attempts to appear hetero in a homophobic environment

Also ironic is the fact that homophobia is strongest in individuals who are either extremely religious*, uneducated*, or who fear that they may be gay themselves.

* not related, but religiousness and education show a strong inverse correlation, ie. more religious people are on average less educated than their less / non-religious counterparts.

I can see why you think it's ironic that homophobes are people who think they may be gay themselves and to be honest I think it's a bit obvious but how is it ironic that homophobes are often very religious and uneducated?
It's what you'd expect and doesn't involve hypocracy.

You are saying that the places where there are a lot of hard line fundamentalists or literalists or whatever are places with poor education; well not in every case.

I can see why you think it's ironic that homophobes are people who think they may be gay themselves and to be honest I think it's a bit obvious but how is it ironic that homophobes are often very religious and uneducated?
It's what you'd expect and doesn't involve hypocracy.
You're right, I should have put that thought into two separate sentences.
You are saying that the places where there are a lot of hard line fundamentalists or literalists or whatever are places with poor education; well not in every case.
Statistics aren't about every case, nor are they designed to accurately describe and predict every possible situation. They simply represent the pattern observed by calculating the average of multiple cases.

dolphins practice homosexuality as a way to bring peace to their community, ya know, as opposed to being little bitches and blowing eachother's heads off.

a book about gay rights (can't remember the name) says that homosexuality is a biological thing (as opposed to someone becoming gay after exposure to gay people) based on homosexuality appearing in "the animal kingdom" with a long list of animal species in which homosexuality has been observered, its not merely dolphins

I believe it's a result of both possibly beginning with a biological aspect of it, and then later how it is developed or influenced by environment etc. In a child's early years (like at school) most children are generally influenced to view homosexuals with some negativity and that sort of carries on until that person can think freely for themselves. And I think if it wasn't for society's usual lack of acceptance and religious roots, there would be a greater number of homosexualty. And there are some people I've met who appear to be gay and aren't, but I think if they grew up in a different could potentially be homosexual. I don't understand why people try to argue for only one side, I've known plenty of people who could support an argument for either side.

Yeah I figure it's a choice for some, & not a choice for others.
You could argue that those who choose it have a "same gender fetish"... just like your garden variety foot fetish or, at a stretch, preferring a particular race. Neither of which have the same level of negative associations, & really, neither are so far removed from homosexuality in essence for those who choose it are they?
Then there are those who are just plain born homosexual. I find it hard to believe that a "fetish" can be evident in a pre-pubescent child.. which is when a lot of homosexuals realise they are different.

Question for... I guess... some gay person...
You know the stereotypical gay voice? Almost all my friends actually speak like that. Do you learn that or something? If so, why? Do you feel socially obligated to do so for quick sexual identification? I don't think it comes naturally to gays.

Actually, I think it does come "naturally" to many(though not all)of them. Apparently, many homosexuals exhibit these behaviors, including that peculiarly "gay" speaking style, general flamboyance and unusually feminine qualities, from a very young age - clearly before they would "learn" such a thing, or even know what homosexual was presumably. It is one of the things that has largely convinced me that this is not a choice, but an innate natural aberation or some such. Not that I feel any better about it now...but that is another issue entirely.

hmmm...i see no difference between adopting the gay voice aligned with coming out, growing up with it, adapting the black metal idealist attitude, and growing up with it.

actually, growing into the gay voice is anogulous to a musician finally singing from his heart...it could just be a more natural and proper aligment between one's soul and physical body. out of this arises the interesting link between the stereotypical gay voice and a gay person.