Biomechanical main support for Stampin Ground UK tour!!

Cazaline said:
(hmmm thats where Damnation festivals being held :D )
I wonder if they realise that they'll probably have to spend hours cleaning up all the Vaseline afterwards.

Entombed would be worth seeing...if this were 1990. But it isn't, thus rendering that fest a pile of steaming turd.

Iconoclast said:
I wonder if they realise that they'll probably have to spend hours cleaning up all the Vaseline afterwards.

Entombed would be worth seeing...if this were 1990. But it isn't, thus rendering that fest a pile of steaming turd.

Well we know which bands you don't like :p Tell us some that you do :)

I'd assume you're referring to the Majesty demo. I've actually been trying to locate this through tape trading, as I'm not a big enough fan of Terrorizer or Nausea to buy the split CD re-release.

I'm a big fan of 80s Death Metal demos, actually. I don't think I've heard any that top Devastation's "Creation of Ripping Death" yet, though. Not from the US, anyhow.

Iconoclast said:
Entombed in 1990 and before (especially the Nihilist era). As could be deducted from my previous statement. ;)

How about any bands you like right now besides Biomechanical and who would you like to see Biomechanical tour with in the present :p :)

Iconoclast said:
I'd assume you're referring to the Majesty demo. I've actually been trying to locate this through tape trading, as I'm not a big enough fan of Terrorizer or Nausea to buy the split CD re-release.

I'm a big fan of 80s Death Metal demos, actually. I don't think I've heard any that top Devastation's "Creation of Ripping Death" yet, though. Not from the US, anyhow.

Kudos sir. :worship: Consider me told :)

I've got both Majesty demos, though the first one is definitely the best. I'm not sure if the second was was ever really released properly. I got a copy from Mitch (ex Unseen Terror) fairly recently, but I don't remember it on any lists at the time.

Agreed with the Devastation (weird how a couple of the guys are now in Soil...), but I'd have to flip a three-sided coin between that, Deathstrike and Necrovore.

Indeed, Deathstrike and Necrovore come mighty close...In fact, perhaps I was a bit rash in my earlier statement. My preference usually goes to whichever one I am listening to at the time...

Still, I think WarCry's "Trilogy of Terror" demo blows the lot of them out of the water. Not Death Metal, of course, but I'd say that it's Speckmann's finest hour.

As for Cloven Hoof - that was a legitimate suggestion. They've reformed and are playing gigs. Their new material doesn't sound too spectacular (hardly unexpected from a reunion), but the opportunity to see them "Laying Down the Law" live is certainly exciting. The fact that Biomechanical have been described as part of a new NWOBHM (or something to that effect) made me think that it might be interesting for them to play with a band from the original NWOBHM. Of course, whether or not this would actually work is another matter entirely, considering that both bands have rather different audiences.

King Chaos said:
So when will we know where the other two possible places are? Stampin' ground fucking love leeds. Always playing here. They shouldn't miss us out. And last time they came support was some shite nobodies.

I've just checked up on this and I'm afraid so far there aren't any more dates on the tour. :(
I do know though that Biomechanical are planning to do some more UK gigs around Nov/Dec time :)

Alright, another question/suggestion... which to me seems logical.

why dont they send Stampin ground and Biomechanical around the UK with Arch enemy? Dark Tranquillity dropped out of the support slot and Im seriously gutted. I dont like Arch enemy all that much, and I already bought a ticket yada yada yada. it would be cheaper for centurymedia to just change there plans and send the three bands around in one group instead of in two groups. plus Arch Enemy are basically doing all the same dates, and stampin groud supported them before and everyone was so happy. I'm desperate, as you can see, to see some decent support for arch enemy.

Hi all, back on-line at last. Damn ISP...

Anyhoo, I'll be at the Manchester gig, as it's only a short walk from my front door, and it's Biomechanical.

Plus, it looks like my ex-guitarist's current band are opening...

Slev said:
Hi all, back on-line at last. Damn ISP...

Anyhoo, I'll be at the Manchester gig, as it's only a short walk from my front door, and it's Biomechanical.

Plus, it looks like my ex-guitarist's current band are opening...

Nice to have you back in Biomech Cyber Space :D

King Chaos said:
Alright, another question/suggestion... which to me seems logical.

why dont they send Stampin ground and Biomechanical around the UK with Arch enemy? Dark Tranquillity dropped out of the support slot and Im seriously gutted. I dont like Arch enemy all that much, and I already bought a ticket yada yada yada. it would be cheaper for centurymedia to just change there plans and send the three bands around in one group instead of in two groups. plus Arch Enemy are basically doing all the same dates, and stampin groud supported them before and everyone was so happy. I'm desperate, as you can see, to see some decent support for arch enemy.

I think it's probably a bit too late to do something like that now. But I hope they'll get someone good for the support though :)

I saw the guys on the first night yesterday.

The venue was acousticaly horrible, with the sound bouncing all over the place. It was like a mini aircraft hanger. The fact that the guy mixing obviously went to the Helen Keller school of Sound didn't help.

Lots of very young kids there, all giving it the "Ninja" shite up the front (it was genuinely laughable. Feckin' handstands and cartwheels and all sorts...).

Biomech were well up for it, and performed well despite a tough crowd and a poor mix. I think it can only get better from here. Not all venues are going to be so crummy.

Lee

Set List for Agincourt Rock Venue
Enemy Within
The Empires of the Worlds
Disintegration
Regenerated
Relinquished Destiny
Assaulter

Set List for SHEFFIELD Corporation
Enemy Within
The Empires of the Worlds
D.N.A. Matastasis