Black Dahlia Murder Drum Tracking

rino655

you boyz been to mexico?
Jul 1, 2009

This dude is straight up nuts. any comments on the newest cds materials?

:)happy thursday yall

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that Shannon's drumming has never been edited. Not sure if that's true but damn.

Shannons a freak. Straight up. Love him to death... one my of buddies for sure... guys like that are gold around these parts.

It took me probably 6 hours to edit parts on the BDM cd. And that was going through every song TWICE.

I didnt really fix anything. Just consolidate punches and maybe slid a part back if it was slight rushing. The whole kit and part, no feet fixing or anynthing like that. Honestly though... he doesnt need it. There is a few tracks on the new cd that i really did not edit at all.

shannon is a beast. he's like the hellhammer of melodic dm (or whatever you want to classify tbdm as.) from what I could tell, the live dvd wasn't edited that much either (which is more astonishing.)

Anyone know what % samples we're hearing on the kick and snare there?

Shannons a freak. Straight up. Love him to death... one my of buddies for sure... guys like that are gold around these parts.

It took me probably 6 hours to edit parts on the BDM cd. And that was going through every song TWICE.

I didnt really fix anything. Just consolidate punches and maybe slid a part back if it was slight rushing. The whole kit and part, no feet fixing or anynthing like that. Honestly though... he doesnt need it. There is a few tracks on the new cd that i really did not edit at all.

he knows

Anyone know what % samples we're hearing on the kick and snare there?

Taken from thread I posted a while back, and linked above:

Snare sample is a sample i made of a joey jordison snare, believe it or not. And the kick is a dw 22" kick that is one of my favorite samples. We've used that one a few times. That kick sample was made with a d6 and subkick through a 1081 and api then i ran the sample through a pultec for additional eq. Wish i could remember what beater i used on that one, its a big part of the sound. I think it was a wood beater... but not sure.

Also there is alot of real snare on this drum mix... especially on the blasts. I do wish we would have automated a bit more real snare up in the rolls, but i'll live, heh.