Black Dahlia + Oceano type mix

rchoi54

Sep 5, 2009
Lansing/Ann Arbor, Michigan
http://www.box.net/shared/2yh9okfvpk (box has a player, you dont have to download it)

the band's name is A Portrait Sky, i'm still in the process of tightening up the playing and they're going to finish vocals some time next week.

how's it sounding?

the drummer said he didnt want a typical metal kick, so i did what i could, but could it possibly need a little more high end?

<3333333

I think the kick is a good compromise. I find it pretty metal myself, but whatever...

Some pretty noticeable timing issues on a couple of riffs, but as you said you're working on it! Snare a little boxy sounding for me, but as always, some will like others will hate...

dont overlimit your stuff. let the mastering do someone who knows his stuff.

i cant really listen to this because its too loud (maybe not in rms but its too loud as OFFENSIVELY LOUD,
LIKE SOMEONE ONLY USING CAPITAL LETTERS ;-)

so stepto improving your mix - take away that mastering limiter so we can actually listen to your mix!

Limiter making it pumping pretty bad, like dcb said. Be less demandant on your mastering limiter, don't try to acheive mastering levels, just give it a slight volume boost if you really want to limit it, no more.

Snare a little boxy sounding for me, but as always, some will like others will hate...

Yeah well I really like the snare. Don't think it sounds THAT boxy hah :)

Great band though, really like the song and the mix!
But as they said, don't overlimit :)