Black Eyes and Broken Glass

Frank

Electric Monk
Jan 24, 2003
Painesville, Ohio
Visit site
This is another emotional punch in the gut songs. The best thing about it is it's neutral attitude. It simply presents the life of battered woman without resolution.

The song leaves me wanting more. It makes me want to know more of what becomes of this woman.

Does she escape the cycle of violence? Like so many other battered women, is she afraid of what might happen if she rebels? Is she psychologically scarred such that this has become an acceptable method of attention?

It really is a wonderful song; the vocals, the melody, the guitar, all of that together makes it strong. And it makes you THINK with your HEART, which is really wonderful even if it is painful. That is the magic of Enchant that is revealed in just about every one of their songs.

Maybe I'm selfish, or maybe many of us fans are selfish, but this song is just another example as to why this band deserves and, in my opinion, has earned more recognition.

Again, a sincere heart felt THANK YOU to the band.

It's really amazing, few bands I know of can touch me at such an emotional level, it's what makes Enchant stand out from the rest imo. :Spin: