Black Metal and Hipsters

slayersweaterpic.gif

Slayer Christmas sweater. It's over, folks.

Last night I read that Thurston Moore is in a black metal band.

Finally, I have something to say in this thread, and it is this: :guh:

Actually I think thurston Moore is the anthesis of a hipster. And while Twilight has some questionable aspects, I think it is decidedly not a hipster band. The people involved are too genuinely fucked up

I don't even know if he is a hipster or not, but I do know that 99% of hipsters look JUST LIKE HIM.

Going to check a song out, plz hold.

Edit - Oh these guys? Yea this is pretty much post rock, not black metal in the slight. Any similarities to "Hail Satan" is of the cappucino variety.

While I find their tunes inoffensive, they look like royal cocks on stage. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
held my breath and drove through a maze of wealthy homes. I watched how green the trees were. I watched the steep walkways and the white fences. I gripped the wheel. I sweated against the leather. I watched the dogs twist through the wealthy garden. I watched you lay on a towel in grass that exceeded the height of your legs. I gazed into reflective eyes. I cried against an ocean of light.

Crippled by the cushion, I sank into sheets frozen by rose pedal toes. My back shivered for your pressed granite nails. Dishonest and ugly through the space in my teeth. Break bones down to yellow and crush gums into blood. The hardest part for the weak was stroking your fingers with rings full of teeth..

It's 5 A.M...and my heart flourishes at each passing moment.

Always and forever.

I watched you lay on a towel in grass that exceeded the height of your legs.

held my breath and galloped over a maze of mangled limbs. I watched how red the flesh was, severed and discarded of purpose. I watched the steep walkway leading to the white hooded horde, teeth a dam holding back the cascade of saliva. I gripped the noose. I sweated against the twine. I watched the dogs twist through the plantation of cotton. I watched you quiver on a gibbet that exceeded your stench. I gazed into reflective eyes. I cried against an ocean of gnats. The feculence was that unbearable.

Crippled by the cushion for the pushion, of your negress slave wife, I sank into sheets frozen by illiteracy. My back shivered for your prehensile tail. Dishonest and ugly through the space in your teeth. Break bones down to yellow and crush gnat encircled gums into blood. The hardest part for the weak was stroking your fingers from the cotton ye clenched.

That a negar draws a breath before dawn.

held my breath and galloped over a maze of mangled limbs. I watched how red the flesh was, severed and discarded of purpose. I watched the steep walkway leading to the white hooded horde, teeth a dam holding back the cascade of saliva. I gripped the noose. I sweated against the twine. I watched the dogs twist through the plantation of cotton. I watched you quiver on a gibbet that exceeded your stench. I gazed into reflective eyes. I cried against an ocean of gnats. The feculence was that unbearable.

Crippled by the cushion for the pushion, of your negress slave wife, I sank into sheets frozen by illiteracy. My back shivered for your prehensile tail. Dishonest and ugly through the space in your teeth. Break bones down to yellow and crush gnat encircled gums into blood. The hardest part for the weak was stroking your fingers from the cotton ye clenched.

That a negar draws a breath before dawn.
this reads pretty much exactly like the lyric sheet for lou reed & metallica "lulu"

So last night I went out of my way to find the original promotional copy of Marilyn Manson's Smells Like Children because it includes a few extra samples that were never part of the main release.

I love that album. No lie, no shame. And, searching out some '90s faux goth/industrial music in my mid-30s is not even close to as lame as those lyrics. That's how bad the world has become.

Somewhere back about 6 months ago there was a person here making fun of Botanist. For those that don't know, it's "black metal" as played on a hammered dulcimer. I put said genre in quotes because really, it's not black nor is it metal. Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to you. I recoiled in horror within mere moments of the first song, but then played it for a friend a few weeks later to join in comrade mockery, and somehow we both ended up enjoying it a little. So I went and did the next best thing I could think of, I bought their latest album entitled Botanist IV: Mandragora. Anyhow, it sounds blackish enough at times, but even my dumbass can't call this metal, because distorted and occasionally heavy though it may be, it's not a god damn electric guitar, nor does it much sound like one. The lyrics are about dead humans being hung, forcing them to engage in one last hurrah of ejaculation, which in turn births from the soil below an invasive plant army. It's almost like Troll 2 but written in a circa 1989 Carcass vein. As JayKeeley might say, this thing has NAD PROMO written all over it. The cover art and packaging are the best part, rad looking Mandrake dude along with some nifty foldout stuff. Other than some solid moments, it is overall pretty bland, and I am beginning to look forward to the end, so I can then put it on my shelf and never listen to it a second time.