BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

There's actually a better pic in the liner notes to Atomic Soul, but I haven't seen that one available on the Internet.

Rose Immortal said:
I think it depends on what a person's motivation is for mentioning/demonstrating their faith is. I mean, let's say somebody asked me what my faith was. I wouldn't care to lie.

Oh...and speaking of people who wear crosses...you might recognize this guy... :p ;)

RussellAllan_02_r.jpg

NOOOOOOOO!!!....et tu Russ? :erk:

Well I guess its kinda a different for him since he is a metal singer and metal is believed to be anti-christ music....so his metalness negates the cross leaving him neutral.

Ill stop talking now...

Seriously though, even though I don't like him wearing the cross he is still a cool guy to me. Whenever I see someone wear a cross it reminds me of this catholic girl from my physics class. She always wears a huge cross. She has patches on her bag that says "jesus loves you", "life is short, pray hard", "smile your mom is pro-life"...and stuff like that. However, she is such a materialistic bitch. She thinks just because she goes to church every sunday she is perfect. My physics professor once had a discussion on evolution and she got agitated and started to argue. I felt like throwing my binder at her.

Beelzebub said:
Stop hitting on me.

I am not hitting on you. Is it bad to compliment you?

soundgarden said:
Seriously though, even though I don't like him wearing the cross he is still a cool guy to me. Whenever I see someone wear a cross it reminds me of this catholic girl from my physics class. She always wears a huge cross. She has patches on her bag that says "jesus loves you", "life is short, pray hard", "smile your mom is pro-life"...and stuff like that. However, she is such a materialistic bitch. She thinks just because she goes to church every sunday she is perfect. My physics professor once had a discussion on evolution and she got agitated and started to argue. I felt like throwing my binder at her.

Those kind of people are what soured me on religion in the first place. I've met practical, non-judgemental religious types, but I've met a lot more people whose hypocrisy and ignorance makes me want to drop an anvil on their head.

metal is so not antichristian. :p

and Moloch, you can be fascinated by death without looking forward to it.

check out the philosophy forum. there's a rather long and good topic on christianity.

Beelzebub said:
Not at all, but I would prefer if you didn't bring my boyfriend into this. I like keeping my personal life personal, thankyouverymuch.

Fine. Guess I have to find another person to compliment.

Hi Rose Immortal :)

Silent Song said:
metal is so not antichristian. :p

I wasn't serious :p

soundgarden said:

Course, not everybody who wears a cross is that girl from your physics class. And I have to agree she sounds very unpleasant to be around. ;)

To me, there's a big leap between wearing a piece of jewelery and being a preachy hypocrite. Nor does it even mean being an extreme conservative. I mean, for me, science and religion are both valid. Somebody mentioned Isaac Newton...he's kinda the role model I follow in terms of that philosophy. The two don't automatically go together.

Now, I don't care for the really in-your-face preachy stuff myself, and I hope that I never cross the line (although owing to human nature I have no doubt I HAVE messed up from time to time :( ). To me, just wearing a cross can be a nice, quiet statement, and the same with other religious jewelery. I don't get mad because somebody's wearing a Star of David or as a friend of mine does, Thor's hammer (Mjolnir?). What REALLY has the power to aggravate is typically what a person says or does towards me.

Fine. Guess I have to find another person to compliment.

Hi Rose Immortal

LOL, I didn't know you liked glowing pink eyes and face-paint. ;)

yeah i'd agree. its one thing to be so happy that you have faith, but its totally different to run around pushing it on people. on top of that, materialism and the way that girl is described doesn't sound very christian to me :)

ah well.

Beelzebub said:
What's wrong with that?

I guess misinterpreting "I am looking forward to [death]" was easier than I thought. If you're fascinated with dying you'll be a bit disappionted. I'm sure that once you die you won't feel a thing. And I'm definitely sure that your internal tard-o-meter needs some adjusting.
Nothing at all.
There's a differnce between being interested in death and being suicidal.

soundgarden said:
Of course not.

Liked?!?! I have to tie my hand down everytime I see your avatar so I don't start touching myself :p

so wait is rose female also?

sorry I thoughy you were just a metrosexual dude.

oh for the record I am male.

Rose Immortal said:
I think it depends on what a person's motivation is for mentioning/demonstrating their faith is. I mean, let's say somebody asked me what my faith was. I wouldn't care to lie.

Oh...and speaking of people who wear crosses...you might recognize this guy... :p ;)

RussellAllan_02_r.jpg

:OMG: THE GREAT VALIENT KNIGHT HAS CUT HIS HAIR.........ARHGHHGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

wayne the goblin/robot said:
so wait is rose female also?

sorry I thoughy you were just a metrosexual dude.

oh for the record I am male.

LOL, it always amazes me how people assume I'm male, especially on metal and prog forums...even with the name AND avatar! :lol:

wayne the goblin/robot said:
:OMG: THE GREAT VALIENT KNIGHT HAS CUT HIS HAIR.........ARHGHHGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Hey, at least it's not as short as that haircut from Twilight. ;)