BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yngvai X said:
lets not forget the most awesome piece of music ever is religious:

Mozart's Requiem Mass \m/

I bought this after hearing the "Lacrymosa" section off of V. I was shocked...it's the first thing by Mozart I have ever liked! Normally I find his stuff dull, but not the requiem...wow! o_O

Rose Immortal said:
I bought this after hearing the "Lacrymosa" section off of V. I was shocked...it's the first thing by Mozart I have ever liked! Normally I find his stuff dull, but not the requiem...wow! o_O

lets not forget Handels "Messiah"

off topic but I think Sebastian Bach(singer of skid row) played Jesus in the broadway version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" once.

@Rose: what do you think Jesus' favorite prog and metal bands are?

I am going to say Dream Theater, Spocks Beard, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, and Orphaned Land are his favorites.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
off topic but I think Sebastian Bach(singer of skid row) played Jesus in the broadway version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" once.

Yeah, actually, I saw that a year or two ago, and I thought he did a good job with it.

Beelzebub said:
Hey, some religious stuff can be very metal. Though the words were written by a monk, TSO's rendition of Carmina Burana is amazing.

Um, Carmina Burana is a collection of secular poem set to music. It really is like a satire of christianity. Plus the music was at least first performed if not written in nazi germany. It's also in the beginning of some Iced Earth song, but the name escapes me at the moment. Plus a thousand other things, but the original is as close to metal as most any classical music gets, when performed by classical instruments.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Russell's voice just sounds boring and generic to me. I'm sorry but James Labrie has at least one to one and a half more octaves than Russ. Russ is powerful, yes, but his power is overrated, James in fact sings MORE POWERFUL than Russell Allen.

except the fact that when Labrie hits notes after a certain point, he has this annoying quality in his voice. It literally makes me cringe and gag. You can hear it a lot in the live stuff. Russell Allen usually sounds either dead on or close to it.

As for black metal, let's all take some group pictures in the woods. It would be so kvlt, grym, and nekro.

I think Matt is on to something, but is having trouble explaining it. I personally think Mystic Prophecy is more straightforward than Freedom Call, rather than to say it has more balls. Thus, describes the appeal of Bodom... more the older stuff. It was straightforward, but still maintained a great deal of melodic appeal. For a lot of people, melodic passages = balls, while for some, riffs = balls. I get off on both, which is why I liked doing Matt's album so much. I must have messed my pants at least ten times while recording each song.

What does mortal combat have to do with anything?
You guys swear jesus was metal.
Ya right, he was gospel or something and thinks the music you listen to is the devil :hotjump:

Moloch said:
What does mortal combat have to do with anything?
You guys swear jesus was metal.
Ya right, he was gospel or something and thinks the music you listen to is the devil :hotjump:
you crack me up.

remember kids, don't feed the trolls.

Moloch said:
I think you are late for bible study, sheep.
if by late you mean yesterday, you're wrong cause i was 5 minutes early. :Smug:

whats ironic about the "sheep" thing is, i wonder if you Moloch ever stopped to think that Christians are a minority among a huge percentage of people like you who blindly hate it because everybody else does.

baaaah...

Personally, I don't think we need to give flamers the time of day.

OK...so here's where we were before the interruption...

MajorRager said:
except the fact that when Labrie hits notes after a certain point, he has this annoying quality in his voice. It literally makes me cringe and gag. You can hear it a lot in the live stuff. Russell Allen usually sounds either dead on or close to it.

As for black metal, let's all take some group pictures in the woods. It would be so kvlt, grym, and nekro.

I think Matt is on to something, but is having trouble explaining it. I personally think Mystic Prophecy is more straightforward than Freedom Call, rather than to say it has more balls. Thus, describes the appeal of Bodom... more the older stuff. It was straightforward, but still maintained a great deal of melodic appeal. For a lot of people, melodic passages = balls, while for some, riffs = balls. I get off on both, which is why I liked doing Matt's album so much. I must have messed my pants at least ten times while recording each song.

MajorRager--I haven't heard LaBrie live...do you have any studio examples of what you mean with him?

And what do you mean about Russ Allen sounding dead?

Silent Song said:
if by late you mean yesterday, you're wrong cause i was 5 minutes early. :Smug:

that would make an awesome catch phrase for an action movie......

oh by the way I was playing DOOM 3 the other day and you know those evil demons that are babys with fly bodies right? well you know what I said after I killed one? i said "George Bush cant save you now". :headbang:

seriously I should send that in to the guys who are making the DOOM movie.

Rose Immortal said:
Personally, I don't think we need to give flamers the time of day.

OK...so here's where we were before the interruption...

MajorRager--I haven't heard LaBrie live...do you have any studio examples of what you mean with him?

And what do you mean about Russ Allen sounding dead?

Listen to Once in a Livetime..he is horrible, and when ever labrie tries to sound ballsy like on This Dying Soul he annoys the hell out of me

dargormudshark said:
Listen to Once in a Livetime..he is horrible, and when ever labrie tries to sound ballsy like on This Dying Soul he annoys the hell out of me

Octavarium has balls, ive heard it myself.............oh wait that was JLBs recent solo album...oops

dargormudshark said:

Have not heard Livetime. Dying Soul isn't too bad...and I actually think that on Awake, LaBrie really DID do a good job of sounding "ballsy". But then, I do pick and choose my DT albums. ;)