BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

wayne the goblin/robot said:
the live at buddokan version was awesome (so was the original)

damn i just became a dt fanboy as of yeasterday.

SX is number two on my playlist right now.

Yea John Petrucci definitely has quite interesting of playing improvished solos. I think this song, Octavarium will be even better than The Odyssey.
oPPPS, did I just say that? :Spin:

idk, ITNOG strikes me as drawn out and as for the solo "sections".. playing as fast as you can in little whirls is hardly what i'd call a memorable or meaningful solo. if anything, when i heard that part, it made me burst out laughing at the sheer pretentiousness of it. in short, if this song is an "epic", it better be epic like ACOS and not laughable like ITNOG.

Silent Song said:
idk, ITNOG strikes me as drawn out and as for the solo "sections".. playing as fast as you can in little whirls is hardly what i'd call a memorable or meaningful solo. if anything, when i heard that part, it made me burst out laughing at the sheer pretentiousness of it. in short, if this song is an "epic", it better be epic like ACOS and not laughable like ITNOG.

Yea, IN the Name of God was really really really repetitive like the entire Train of Thought album. Hah, maybe Dream Theater wanted to PROVE their Metallica influence ? :tickled:

Well, I didn't really like Endless Sacrifice. The songs I really really loved are Vacant and This Dying Soul and of course the solo in SOC, just amazing, one amazing wankfest!

Beelzebub said:
I LOVE Cold Stone!! But their mint ice cream sucks so whenever I go I have the mocha. Rose, have you tried the cheesecake flavor?

Yeah, but I'm not a big cheesecake fan in general.

You're right about the mint, though. EW. That's the only place I've ever had mint ice cream that I really thought tasted like toothpaste. That was nasty!

Silent Song said:
i got takeout from Coldstone and we had to use a wakizashi to cut it. that was metal \m/

Been there. ;)

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Well, I didn't really like Endless Sacrifice. The songs I really really loved are Vacant and This Dying Soul and of course the solo in SOC, just amazing, one amazing wankfest!

I agree with you, both on the likes and dislikes. Endless Sacrifice is one that I only liked parts of because I do think it got more out of hand than the rest of the album. And Vacant...well, I liked it well enough that I decided to attempt a rearrangement here, which you can actually find on the "Official Project/Band Promotion Thread". A rough draft, anyway...

how i'd describe my dislike for ITNOG goes something like this. the solos in it alone are done in a similar way to SX on Sea of Lies. however, SX does it slower and in a melodic manner that fits the song, wheras i think ITNOG is like wooo look how fast i am. damn am i fast. oh yeah, the song. that and what is in my opinion a pretty lame chorus/progression.

but of course, this is all subjective :)

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Finntroll is good, but their keyboardist isn't even close to as brilliant as a Michael Pinnella or a Jordan Rudess (yeaaaaa, Dt powahhh!)

what? I never said thier keyboardist was THAT good

its fvking folk metal for God sakes!!! not prog!!!

This shit's still goin on?
Just because you doesn't like a style of music doesn't mean it sucks, or is bad.

True, I know. But however, the keyboardist might be good for Finntroll's style of music ( a weird mixture of Polka, Folk Metal and Black Metal), can not be considered great to any point of time.