Black Metal for a Death Metal fan

Lifewithoutpain

Mobius Stripper
Oct 4, 2007
Canada
I've read some of the BM sticky and found some bands I like but I want to see if there's more.

The CD's I have and enjoy are the final 3 Emperor discs,
Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
Aeneon - Cendres et Sang
Blut Aus Nord - 777 Sect(S)
Drottnar - Welterwerk

I also get into Dragonlord and Borknagar but I do like the heavier, more aggressive, no-nonsense stuff.

I really enjoy Dimmu Borgir, i have the cd Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and i think it is amazing. And i usually dont listen to black metal.

Kind of on the experimental side of blackened death metal but if you like Deathspell Omega, you might like Arkhon Infaustus. Check out their album Orthodoxyn.

Anaal Nathrakh - Eschaton

I'd recommend the codex necro by them. Absolutely furious black metal.

Kind of on the experimental side of blackened death metal but if you like Deathspell Omega, you might like Arkhon Infaustus. Check out their album Orthodoxyn.

This album is experimental? It sounds like a suffocating immolation/incantation mix to me.

I'm looking into getting some of these, though that Allegiance disk is rather expensive.

More suggestions please!

I have 36 Black Metal CD's and 550 Death Metal CD's. I'm going to concentrate on getting that 36 up to 50 before the end of the year. But they've gotta be good!

Check out Aeternus (Norway). Their albums Beyond the Wandering Moon and ...And So the Night Became are both excellent black metal albums. After those two, the band turned in a more death metal-oriented direction.

Necrophobic `darkside is a good mix of death/black. Not as good as The Nocturnal Silence, but still great.

One of my all time favorite groups. If Orhtodoxyn happens to be "too clean" theres always Hell Injection.
I wouldn't say Orthodoxyn is "experimental". It has a very DsO-ish vibe to it though.

Also, Katharsis is great. Very riff oriented "orthodox" black metal.