Black Metal Recording Question

I'd rather just try to get a good enough performance if possible.
Good, that's always better than midi/quantize.

About the mix, 3rd version sound best to me.
Rhythm guitar, when tone changes behind lead gtr part, is a little bit muddy. So maybe try to cut lows from there, not much.
Somewhere between 150-200.

Or maybe it's bass gtr...?

Multiband comp could work too for gtr and bass, but I think eq is enough.

Good, that's always better than midi/quantize.

About the mix, 3rd version sound best to me.
Rhythm guitar, when tone changes behind lead gtr part, is a little bit muddy. So maybe try to cut lows from there, not much.
Somewhere between 150-200.

Or maybe it's bass gtr...?

Multiband comp could work too for gtr and bass, but I think eq is enough.

Tried dipping the 175 range on the guitars during that part, as well as adding some c4. Tried another redo on the drum track with the new crash cymbal. Heavily changed some of the drum EQ as well. Drums aren't perfect, but should be a lot tighter overall.

Attachments

• 08 bm8_24.mp3
    11.8 MB · Views: 1
There's too much high frequencies somewhere between 14k-15k, on cymbals.

Drums have more life now, great. But maybe too much compression, there's that "pumping" effect happening.

On that C part of the song, in my opinion, original fast drums were better...

Thanks for the update :). Will try EQing the cymbals a bit then. Can also back off the compression on the drums. Should have an updated version for you shortly. Also trying out some different drum samples that I think sound better.

As for the C part of the song - I feel ridiculous admitting this but I don't know musical letters at all. Is that the part starting at 1:15 or the part starting at 1:34? Or something else entirely?

As for the C part of the song - I feel ridiculous admitting this but I don't know musical letters at all. Is that the part starting at 1:15 or the part starting at 1:34? Or something else entirely?
1:15. With "C", I mean, it's 3rd riff/part of the song...A, B, C...
And I don't know anything about music theory either :D