Black Metal similar to Dissection

Sven Pakkanen

Ein Windir
Hi there forum, got on today for the first time in a while because I have recently been looking for music similar to old Dissection, especially their Storm of the Light's Bane. First off, to anyone who says they are not Black Metal, I don't care what anyone says I believe they are.

I have only found one album with comparable qualities, which is Dawn's Slaughtersun, which I love almost as much. I really want music like this can someone please post suggestions?

Thanks,
Sven

So far: Sacramentum is a definite, I'm really enjoying them. I'm going to try their other stuff too if there is any. Unanimated is definitely more on the melodic death metal side, not so much black metal, but good nonetheless.

Lord Belial is okay, I'd never heard that album until now. I like it, but there's something about their music that rubs me the wrong way sometimes, I can't figure it out.

It has some melodic sections but hardly anything I'd call Dissection worship. Not one of their better albums anyway.

Dude, Sworn to the Dark is definitely chock full of Dissection worship. It's also not a great album, although Watain in general aren't as shitty as the backlash makes them out to be. They are a thoroughly OK band.