Please recommend me some well narrated death or black metal albums.

Svetovid

Wanderer/Nebelmeer
May 14, 2012
Somewhere not cold enough
Hey guys, long time no see, and here I am with more very specific requests. I have been out of the loop for a year or so now, but I need more music. Lately I have played out all of my favorite albums and I need some more. What I am really after today is an album or 20 that are carefully written to flow from beginning to end and have progressive aspects. I mostly enjoy death metal albums like this when I can find them, but there are a lot more black metal albums fitting this. I really enjoyed Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony, Opeth's Blackwater Park, Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane, Emperor's Anthems, Enslaved's RIITIIR, and Dawn's Slaughtersun. Those are my all-time favorites but I need more on the list.

I'm not looking for any specific sound. I just want an epic, flowing, slightly to moderately progressive album where the music tells its own story.

I just rediscovered the avant-garde black metal band Solefald's amazing Red for Fire and Black for Death albums, which I hadn't listened to in a long time. It's part 1 and 2 of an epic viking story of an Icelandic skald (royal poet) who sleeps with the queen, goes on the run, and then has deal with demon dwarfs and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: