RIP Jon of Dissection

KevinPARM said:
It's hard to take seriously anyone who takes alot of this stuff too seriously.

Ironic isn't it. While it's not nice to throw dirt on the dead, I don't really have any compassion or sympathy on the matter, considering the hate and misery that he created in the murder/homocide he was convicted of.

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

You know, I sort of felt the same way about Jon until I read some of his statements after his release. He wasn't proud of what he did. None of us knew him personally (Dan only knew him professionally, apparently), and most of us knew him for his music and for the murder he committed. His music was inspired and he was sorry for what he did.

I'm not saying we should have sympathy for the way he lived his life, but the fact that it ended when Dissection broke up, and that he took his life in a bout of fanaticism, probably the same fanaticism that drove him to murder another human being. It's a sad story, because 10 years ago when I was just a teenager, I looked up to him and his music. No one likes to see people that inspire them to end up homocidal lunatics. Maybe I was dumb and impressionable back then (and I probably still am).

At any rate, I'm sorry to see him go, especially the way he did. Maybe one day the wind will bring back his cries? =)

dan of bereavement said:
lol I was just thinking that! these fanatics need to get a clue! :heh:
gar didn't sound too fanatical to me, there were no exclamation points or solicitous sentences. in other words he was just stating his thoughts. it's cool by me.

Thanks man. Also, Yes I am serious. I believe in Christ and proud of it. I fully believe in what I wrote and of course dont care what anyone writes in here. Fanactics exist, but I am not one of them. Its up to the individual on what kind of life he wants to lead. It cannot be forced on anyone. The Dissection guy chose his fate. Everyone will face judgement and Im not the only metalhead who believes this.

RECENT NEWS: Swedish cd store Ginsa.se bans sale of all Deicide albums.

Sad news. IMO, suicide is a very selfish act. Just look at his Father's statement. People who commit suicide apparently don't think of how it affects those who love them, maybe they just don't care. No matter how well you think you know someone, you really don't know what truly is going on in their heads. Btw, everyone has a right to their opinions and beliefs. So, to those who want to slag the guy who believes in Jesus, get a strong dose of maturity. You people just propagate the theory that those who dig Metal are idiots.

I'm not here to sympathise suicide but saying suicide is a selfish act is easy to say when he who proclaims this hasn't been on a road that might lead to such a fate.
Anyway, this fits in quite well considering the ideas Jon had. Also Satanism is for a great deal about egoism, so I'm not really suprised he did this. I think he did think of how his family might feel but in the end it was something that he felt he had to do, no matter what.