Dissection

Goddamn this was bad english, so I deleted this...never drink and drive, eh, surf in internet... :)

John is a brilliant musician, whom I have absolutely no respect for as a human being, not only did he shoot the guy, he shot him in the back of the head while he had already been shot and helpless. I on the one hand can seperate John the perosn, and John the guitar player of Dissection, therefore I can listen to all his stuff and still get enjoyment out of it.

actually, I am sure they will let it go out of print after a month to secure the album's status as "cult as fuck". I never understood all the black metal hub bub.... "lets play as fast as possible in the same key for 30 minutes straight with production so bad you cant listen to it..." Its really a shame that not all bands could be as talented as Emperor. Don't get my wrong, I love black metal.. but isnt this the Dan Swano message board?

dan swano produced Dissection, therefore there is a relation, Dissection albums had awesome production, they were also pretty damn technical. Dissections riifs and arrangements IMO are on par with some of Emperor's early work especially Twilight in The Nightside Eclipse era Emperor.

Originally posted by mattcira
I never understood all the black metal hub bub.... "lets play as fast as possible in the same key for 30 minutes straight with production so bad you cant listen to it..."

..you're the expert, right?:rolleyes: :err: ...........:p

sorry anyone who shoots a man in the back of the head, while he is already down, thats just not worthy of my respect, and seriously I doubt he even regrets it. *shrugs* I love Dissection though.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
sorry anyone who shoots a man in the back of the head, while he is already down, thats just not worthy of my respect, and seriously I doubt he even regrets it. *shrugs* I love Dissection though.

I suppose we're on a dead-end track here, aren't we? ..and I suppose we could discuss this for a very long time...but as far as this is the Dan Swanö forum there won't be any further comments of mine to this topic...

I just got Storm of the Lights Bane. Just listened to it once through. It also has the WDAL ep at the end. "WDAL" is a great song, what are everyones favorites on the cd if you had to rank them?

Originally posted by Metal88
I just got Storm of the Lights Bane. Just listened to it once through. It also has the WDAL ep at the end. "WDAL" is a great song, what are everyones favorites on the cd if you had to rank them?

I like Where Dead Angels Lie and Nightsblood

Hey mr. Swanö, do you remember what sample/drum machine/whatever was used for the snare on The Somberlain? I love that snare.
Thanks in advance.