Jon Nödtveidt/DISSECTION commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day_Before_Dawn said:
His stance on the murder was that he acknowledged it was an important event to happen in his life in order to progress and regretting what he did in the past is pointless. In my opinion it's better to move on and learn from things than to wallow in them and let it ruin your life.

This thread turned to shit, it is supposed to be about Jon not your bullshit quarrelling. To be honest, like with many bands which is a shame but... that s the way it is, i didn't know the man behind the music was Jon, but i do enjoy Storm of the lights bane and Somberlain, for that i think it is apparent that i acknowledge this man and give my condolences, thanks for efforts Jon :headbang:

I agree with the quote above. If someone killed me or someone i know, then brokedown later on and said they regretted it and pleaded they were sorry, i would be even more pissed off. If your going to do something bad or even "kill", never regret it, you must deal with what you have done and not plead for forgiveness, whats done is done.

DE said:
ganesh and buddhism are such complexly intertwined issues that to project some kind of dichotomy onto them would be quite frankly laughable in its ignorance of modern theological issues

wiki said:
'Ga' symbolizes Buddhi (intellect) and 'Na' symbolizes Vijnana (wisdom). Ganesha is thus considered the master of intellect and wisdom.
Ganesh or Ganesha or whatever you want to call him is Hindu, and has very little to do with Buddhism as in the following of Buddha in becoming awakened, but rather has the word Buddhi symbolized in his name. Thus, I am correct, the two are not connected, and if so, very loosely.

And if you haven't noticed I'm ignorant by now you really don't know me at all.

Leiland said:
This thread turned to shit, it is supposed to be about Jon not your bullshit quarrelling. To be honest, like with many bands which is a shame but... that s the way it is, i didn't know the man behind the music was Jon, but i do enjoy Storm of the lights bane and Somberlain, for that i think it is apparent that i acknowledge this man and give my condolences, thanks for efforts Jon :headbang:

I agree with the quote above. If someone killed me or someone i know, then brokedown later on and said they regretted it and pleaded they were sorry, i would be even more pissed off. If your going to do something bad or even "kill", never regret it, you must deal with what you have done and not plead for forgiveness, whats done is done.

I see you on that, basically killing is only meant if it's done with no regret, sounds something Metallica would put in of their older songs (imo of course). I'll be interesting to see the motives for Jon killing himself.

Leiland said:
Agreed. When someone kills or does something else horrible, for no reason at all, they should have the honor to accept responsibilty and not to beg for forgiveness or pity, regardless or the motives.

Well heres something i found just a moment ago, not sure when it was produced
"A bit on the side maybe, but how do you view the matters of suicide? Some say suicide is wrong. Is taking your life worth it?
-The Satanist decides over his own life and death and prefers to go with a smile on his lips when he has reached his peak in life, when he has accomplished everything, and aim to transcend this earthly existence. But it is completely un-satanic to end ones own life because one is sad or miserable. The Satanist dies strong, not by age, disease or depression, and he chooses death before dishonour! Death is the orgasm of life! So live life accordingly, as intense as possible!"

^ indeed, and with the statement from the dissection site, it implies he was happy before he died, not sad. It's one thing for someone to "say" what they live by, it's another thing to actually live by or go through with it. So for all you people dissing his decision, shut the hell up, though his beliefs were rather out there, at least he stayed true to himself.

Fantastic fucking thread. I commend you all for the good times I've had in this thread. Absolutely spectacular.

Hammer of Might said:
Who are you to rant about your opinions on suicide and condemn someone else's personal decision as "moronic"?

No one is going to have a full understanding of his feelings regarding his life, so let's end this pointless speculation and moralizing.

For better or worse, he's gone - move on, and remember the music.

touche.

ender7227 said:
Ganesh or Ganesha or whatever you want to call him is Hindu, and has very little to do with Buddhism as in the following of Buddha in becoming awakened, but rather has the word Buddhi symbolized in his name. Thus, I am correct, the two are not connected, and if so, very loosely.

And if you haven't noticed I'm ignorant by now you really don't know me at all.

please tell me you're joking

you're arguing with a professor of theology here

Blimey, what a shame. I liked (some) of the Dissection back catalogue, and now I guess there won't be any more releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.