Exclusive: DISSECTION Frontman JON NÖDTVEIDT Commits Suicide - Aug. 18, 2006

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. More details will be made available shortly.

Nödtveidt formed DISSECTION in 1989 and released two full-length albums with the group — "The Somberlain" (1993) and "Storm of the Light's Bane" (1995) — before he was convicted in Sweden of felony murder of 37-year-old homosexual Algerian Josef Ben Maddour in 1997. He was released from prison in 2004, at which point he restarted DISSECTION.

DISSECTION announced in May that it would split up imediately following its final performances in support of its recently released CD, "Reinkaos". The band was subsequently forced to cancel its two previously announced appearances in North America (Sept. 1 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA and Sept. 6 at B.B. King Blues Club in New York City) after Nödtveidt was denied legal entry into the United States as a result of his conviction.

DISSECTION's most recent album, "Reinkaos", was released in May on The End Records.

COMMENT |
posted by : Blabber Basher
8/18/2006 9:24:04 AM

R.I.P.

COMMENT |
posted by : Blabber Basher
8/18/2006 9:25:59 AM

i remove my rip, the man killed someone....what a moron, go to hell

COMMENT | Morons
posted by : Slasher
8/18/2006 9:39:21 AM

Will some of you realize that while blabbermouth is a professional site, and can't just make news posts with fabricated information? If it's posted here, then it's almost definite that it's true. There's always a chance that the sources could be wrong, but don't you think he went through extensive talks and confirmations with whoever it is to make sure he doesn't post wrong info?

Some of you need to start using your brain.

Read: If it's on Blabbermouth it must be true.

Erik said:
no but to post shit like this about such a well-known band as dissection they would have to have SOME kind of reliable source

that wasn't the point

COMMENT |
posted by : deanerhead
8/18/2006 9:55:50 AM

So are they gonna reschedule those shows or not?

^ best comment so far