HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCK....

EricT said:
Storm of the lights bane is not a good album... it is a godlike album. And based on that album, he can kill as many gays, wops, jews, spics, my pals, ragheads, limeys, or chinks he wants! :mad:

thus the reason he did the right thing in offing himself, just doing what the people wanted!

DaveIoC said:
Nope.

Do I have to be to dislike the fact that he and his friends targeted a gay? Is it a case of 'us against them' or something?
In your initial post you went out of your way to clarify that the victim was indeed gay though. It seems that to you its a factor that can't be overlooked and makes the crime all the more worse, as if killing a person isn't that bad but killing someone of the homosexual orientation is some unfathomable crime. If anyone is making it a case of "us against them" it's you.

I see your point... the emphasis was intended to be on the fact that the guy was killed for being different (in this case by being gay) rather than simply the fact he was gay. The point is (or was) that he shouldn't have been murdered at all, and because Jon Nödtveidt played a part in that, he's not going to gain any respect/acclaim/acknowledgement from me.

It's pretty simple, really. You judge a man on how he acts, and Jon maybe was not the best. Musically he was pretty good.

^ agreed.

I have 0 respect for people like that myself, but he did his time.
You can't judge a person forever for something... at least I'd like to think so...
(never been in a situation like that before... )
HOWEVER!
I REALLY REALLY wanted to see them live... really.
Dissection was one of my fav bands... sucks, I'll never get that chance.