Exclusive: DISSECTION Frontman JON NÖDTVEIDT Commits Suicide - Aug. 18, 2006

Necuratul said:
Jon was the webmaster.

Really? Sorry. I was not aware of that. Thanks. And to correct myself, it wasn't last Friday when I last saw the site. It was either last Thursday or this past Tuesday. At any rate, the site is no longer at the .tk address.

Thanks anyway.

Seriously though, does anyone else think that deciding that all of your life's goals have been achieved at such an early age smacks of a severe lack of ambition? This isn't directed at Noddy so much as as it is a question about that particular mindset - after all, we don't know what else Jon had done in his private life outside of Dissection, so it's entirely possible that he filled his spare time with intellectual pursuits or something - but why stop there? Surely there's always something else to strive for? Self-improvement would surely be a goal without a perceivable end, since nothing mortal can (IMHO) attain perfection...

(I'm drunk, ignore this post if you want)

dill_the_devil said:
Seriously though, does anyone else think that deciding that all of your life's goals have been achieved at such an early age smacks of a severe lack of ambition? This isn't directed at Noddy so much as as it is a question about that particular mindset - after all, we don't know what else Jon had done in his private life outside of Dissection, so it's entirely possible that he filled his spare time with intellectual pursuits or something - but why stop there? Surely there's always something else to strive for? Self-improvement would surely be a goal without a perceivable end, since nothing mortal can (IMHO) attain perfection...
(I'm drunk, ignore this post if you want)

To speculate further: I think Jon had a quite different direction and ambitions in his life than most of us. He seemed very serious about his involvment in MLO and spiritual pursuits, so judging him by usual "mundane" standards seem pretty pointless. If ones focus is soley on the spiritual realm, the the physical will logically take second place; and vice versa for most people.

Furious B said:
yeah, but let's be honest here spaffey, the spiritual realm is straight gay.

and a realm where 99% of people's goals involve little outside of "making money" and said peoples are judged by how much money they make annually is something that should praised?

Kudos to Jon for truly believing in something else (no matter my opinions of it), instead of worrying about buying that elusive car and Armani suit.

J. said:
Kudos to Jon for truly believing in something else (no matter my opinions of it), instead of worrying about buying that elusive car and Armani suit.
Hmmm... Armani suit and elusive car or shooting myself in the head? Yeah... I'm gonna have to opt for the suit and the car. But in fairness, I look better in Armani than I do with my brains splattered on the wall.

In all seriousness, I feel no urge to heap praise on someone merely for holding strongly to their beliefs. Lot's of people believe really stupid shit.

Zod

going back to marketing a bit ... :loco: ... this was the best advertisement for MLO ... like EVER!

J. said:
and a realm where 99% of people's goals involve little outside of "making money" and said peoples are judged by how much money they make annually is something that should praised?

Dude, I am an animal of the FLESH. We are ALL biological machines. Whether you like it or not, your body tells you to keep yourself alive. Try to kill your self by holding your breath and you will find out that your body will not ALLOW it. Try starving yourself and your body will say "FEED ME NOW." You're hungry? You eat. You're tired? You sleep. Stop and think why you get a boner for an attractive woman.

Keeping yourself alive NOW, in this period of time, is involved with money (well, the over abundance has more to do with social status, but it's all connected). Without it, you perish. This is why so many people chase it. If you look at it in that sense, it doesn't seem nearly as shallow does it?

and fuck it, I will say it: suicide is for the weak. It is mother nature weeding you out because you are weak.

And I actually LIKE spirtuality, but this "Anti-Cosmic" shit is LAME.

Just because someone truly BELIEVES something does not mean it is not WRONG and that the CONVICTION of that belief should be praised without question.

Boy, I hope satan doesn't read that, he's going to be really pissed at you and he'll command more of his minions to kill themselves in retaliation!

I don't condemn anyone for killing themselves, I don't know their motives or feel their pain. But there's times when a philosophy is just so out there as to be unintentionally hilarious.

Give me family, clan, tribe, forest and that's all I need.

lizard said:
I don't condemn anyone for killing themselves, I don't know their motives or feel their pain.

I'm not trying to condemn anyone. I seriously think the whole thing is kind of sad.

But the thought of being suicidal or mental/emotional anguish is your mind telling you "there is something VERY wrong here and something needs to change." And in Jon's case, I don't think it was from emotional torment, you know?

But there's times when a philosophy is just so out there as to be unintentionally hilarious.

tru dat. haha.

lizard said:
Well, I've known a few people with mental issues and I know they can frustrate the fuck out of you with their passivity and lack of ability to fight their demons...but that's part of the illness. I used to subscribe to the whole "they're weak" philosophy but I've grown a huge empathy for some of them.
:cry:

Even worse when we fight them every day and begin to grow tired of it. :ill: