Exclusive: DISSECTION Frontman JON NÖDTVEIDT Commits Suicide - Aug. 18, 2006

General Zod said:
I'd venture to guess the people who follow MLO fancy themselves more enlightened than the Christians they most certainly ridicule. However, in the end, they're no more than sheep which belong to a smaller herd.
Aye. I remember when I discovered all the anti-Christian behavioUr in the metal community I thought "oh shit yes!" but then I realized a lot of it just support crap like this instead and I thought "oh balls" but maybe I'm just a jerkface nihilist which makes me think "whatever."

lizard said:
but a gnostic belief is one of the dark and light living together, albeit not always in harmony, right?

kinda like a bucket of chicken.
bah, I was just using the title of an Immortal song on At the Heart of Winter.

okay, this clears one thing up:

DISSECTION guitarist Set Teitan (ex-ABORYM, BLOODLINE) has dismissed media reports that the group's frontman, Jon Nödtveidt, placed an open copy of "The Satanic Bible" in front of him before killing himself last week at his apartment in Hässelby, a suburb of Stockholm.

According to the Swedish newspaper Expressen, Nödtveidt, 31, was found dead on Wednesday, August 16 after he allegedly surrounded himself by lit candles and shot himself in the head. Shortly before the ritual suicide, he sent farewell letters to his father and his girlfriend and explained to a friend, "I'm going away for a long, long time. I'm going to Transylvania."

At 7:21 p.m. CET on August 16, a police patrol reported to the police communication center in Stockholm that a man had been found dead, the apparent victim of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. According to several of Expressen's sources, the singer placed an open copy of "The Satanic Bible" in front of him before pulling the trigger.

"He shot himself in the head and lay dead in a ring of lit candles," a police source told Expressen.

In a message posted in an invite-only black metal online forum, DISSECTION guitarist Set Teitan reportedly wrote: "This also [has] to be cleared up before it becomes another rumor, as [journalists], of course, invent things in their ignorance: It's not any atheist, humanist and ego-worshipping 'Satanic Bible' by Anton LaVey that Jon had in front of him, but a Satanic Grimoire. He despised LaVey and 'Church of Satan'."

lizard said:
It's not any atheist, humanist and ego-worshipping 'Satanic Bible' by Anton LaVey that Jon had in front of him, but a Satanic Grimoire. He despised LaVey and 'Church of Satan'."
For whatever reason I just assumed this. It wouldn't seem to fall in line with his beliefs.

Zod

AsModEe said:
it wasn't for those who don't give a flying fuck about that guy, like me, for example.
i already said "to anyone who knew shit"

and if you don't give a flying fuck, you also don't care whether or not it was the satanic bible, so it's a moot point

take a hike dumbyhead

"The Satanist decides over his own life and death and prefers to go with a smile on his lips when he has reached his peak in life, when he has accomplished everything, and aim to transcend this earthly existence. But it is completely un-Satanic to end ones own life because one is sad or miserable. The Satanist dies strong, not by age, disease or depression, and he chooses death before dishonor! Death is the orgasm of life! So live life accordingly, as intense as possible!" - Jon Nödtveidt