Black metal, who's your favorite?

Christ agony is my fav
The fourth album ‘Darkside’ was a kind of new experience, bringing more atmospheric and melancholic stuff with the lyrical inspiration from XVIIth century British poetry

, and implaed nazarene

Impaled Nazarene is practically an institution in their native Finland, having formed in 1990 and thus reigning as one of that country's elder statesmen of black metal. Though the style has deviated a bit from time to time (a slower, mid-period Bathory style on Suomi Finland Perkele, a noticeable Motorhead influence on Latex Cult), the band is at heart a speedy, punky, raw black metal band, simplistic yet effective with inventively irreverent lyrics (just how many songs does one band need with "goat" in the title?). Mika Luttinen has been the heart and soul of the band since the beginning, though two other Finnish metal luminaries have spent some time here, those being Sentenced/The Black League mainman Taneli Jarva and Children Of Bodom/Sinergy guitarist Alexi Laiho.

Wolftribe said:
hmmmm i would have said behemoth, but i consider them more death metally, even though they wear corpse paint. Killer live show.

They started out BM, then went DM.

I don't really pay close attention to their career so Im not able to point out particular albums

and yeah, KILLER live show

hey RP- "DIE BY MY NORDIC STELL CHRISTIAN!!!"
satanic warmaster, clandestine blaze, emperor, darkthrone, mayhem, Morannon, Burzum, Satyricon (old), Bathory (more viking metal now), dissection, nargaroth, graveland, thorns, ragnarøk, judas iscariot, Ildjarn, Immortal (old), limbonic art, abigor..........i could go on for awhile.

Reactions: PlatypusJesus
I would say VENOM
Since they invented the music called....BLACK METAL
I recall hearing that album when it came out in 82' (Welcome to Hell scared the...)
That changed EVERY bands atittude
Hmmm lets see...Slayer,Metallica blalalalalala
Slayer used to be a Iron Maiden cover band
I am a old fuck who used to be in the tape trading circle (Destruction Killed ALL)
VENOM IS BLACK METAL

-Agalloch are great, so is Pink Floyd

Do you have to ware corspe paint to play black metal???I like Immortal,but I watch the videos and think...I am perplexed with the summer warmth "WARM UP AND STOP TRYING TO OUT EVIL BIG BIRD AND YOUR PENISES WILL GROW WHEN YOU EVIL FELLAS GET OUT OF THE FREEZER"

-defrost

hahahhaa
troy man, slayer were a priest cover band
corpse paint is only for the norwiegans
venom coined the term black metal, but angel witch actually started it (ANGEL Of DEATH!)
and yes
destruction killed, and kills ALL

retarded penguin said:
hahahhaa
troy man, slayer were a priest cover band
corpse paint is only for the norwiegans
venom coined the term black metal, but angel witch actually started it (ANGEL Of DEATH!)
and yes
destruction killed, and kills ALL

Slayer used to do 3 cover songs from priest (Araya vocal range couldn't reach STAINED CLASS songs hehe)

ExposedSlayer.jpg

ExposedSlayer3.jpg

ExposedSlayer4.jpg

hahaha, metal sludge!!!

but slayers whole 1st album was priest rip off
lousy bastards
but hey!!
at least they got taste! haha

wow! Tom Araya went to CSUDH! That's where all of the dumbasses from my high school go to

Not one vote for Sodom? Nor, Tiamet, or Samael. I'm quite shocked no one knows about Necromaniacal.

Well done. I've picked a few names that I am unfamiliar with. I will be thanking you all later.

love, mom