Who's your favorite drummer?

satyricon-frost.jpg

froooooooost

I think Tony Laureano is an amazing drummer, the double bass and drum roll in the middle of Unas Slayer of the Gods is awesome.

I think that Igor Cavalera is criminally underated, listen to his fills and especially the one-handed role in songs such as Desperate Cry and I defy anyone to say he isn't anything but incredible, lol.

Obviously López is one of the best, and Raymond Herrera's feat are incredible but he does little with his hands.

Haake is a good drummer, its cool 'cos he drums in patterns as opposed to what most people do so thats tough. Dunno his name but the Cephalic Carnage drummer is not too bad either.

Other than that the usual ones everyone else seems to have named, and there will always be some unknown drummer who is incredible so I apologise to anyone who knows of one!

How about over-rated drummers? I'll start with a couple Lars Ulrich and Joey Jordinson, never understood why they are rated.

Faaip De Oiad said:
yeah, well, it's worse on the Brave muder day album, every song is practically the same, so boring. But the vocals sound like Mikael's death growls :D i was shocked when i heard it

Jonas Renkse plays drums on BMD. The new Katatonia drummer Daniel Liljevist is really very good I think, especially on VE.

Wow...! I never thought that anybody would mention Jojo Mayer.
I saw him last year in my province doing a clinic in an international drummers meeting. He's simply fabulous.
And I forgot to mention Vera Figueiredo, she's a brazilian drummer, I saw her too, she has a percusion school in Saô Pablo I believe and very very good indeed.
So cheers for that.

Deadlift said:

Danny Carey definitly takes the #1 spot for me. The last minute of "The Grudge" c'mon!
Next would probably be Bill Bruford and Mike Portnoy.

*Dons flameproof suit.

i forgot to put richard christy on my list :\
now HE can fucking play. it's a shame he decided to pursue comedy, and took a permanent gig on the howard stern show. obviously, it's what he wanted to do, and i respect him for that, but we probably won't hear him on any cds for a long time, if at all haha.

Skrikmusik said:
I only saw one person mentioning Hannes Grossmann from Necrophagist. He was 20 years old when they recorded Epitaph. If you havent heard them check them out: www.necrophagist.com

That's awesome. When I first heard them I could've almost sworn they were using a drum machine. Then I saw that single video of 'Extreme Unction' that's floating around the net and saw how wrong I was o_O

It's a real shame Muhammed is sick at the moment. I would honestly love for those guys to tour here... perhaps a joint tour with Blood Red Throne??? *wets self*

Jimmy Chamberlin! That guy is fucking awesome.
After that, Danny Carey, Martin Lopez, sometimes Mike Portnoy, and lately Proscriptor, especially on Melechesh - Sphinx.