Black metal, who's your favorite?

S

Satans Mom

Children, who are your favorite black metal bands? I would like to know who you enjoy the most. What are your favorite Black Metal bands?

I am most fond of those dears that were in Mayhem! Dead sends his regards. He and his other pals give us concerts all the time.

I also am fond of Emperor, Aborym, and what's their name? Wurdaluk? I don't have my cd next to me. Darkthrone, those kids will never tour though. You know why. Oh, I could sit and talk forever about this, but I must get back to processing personnel files. It's a hard job I have. I am head of Human Resources here in Hell. I am also head of Canine Resources as well (hounds of hell--hope you got that). I must go. I will check back with you. I am looking for, uh, new music to listen to to. Yes, that's the reason for this question.

Well, if you consider them black metal, then my favorite is Agalloch. I though, don't consider them black metal, so I would say that I don't have a favorite black metal band. Hmm...I wonder why?

dead6skin6mask6 said:
Emperor, Zyklon, Dimmu (may not be TRUE black metal, but they still are black metal) appeal to my... ears

It doesn't matter what's "true" and what's not.
It's what "is" and what "isn't".

And Agalloch, to me, seem LOOOOONG ways away from black metal.

My faves are Mercyful fate and Burzum. Emperor is up there too, with them.
After that...
Venom, Destruction, Satanic Warmaster and Angel Witch rank very high as well.

So many.....but Mf are probably number one.

"And Agalloch, to me, seem LOOOOONG ways away from black metal."

Yeah, same here. They are way too unique to be considered anything in my opinion. But some people call them black metal because of their vocals. It's the same thing with Mercyful Fate.

Emperor are without a doubt my favourite.
I also like Astriaal, an aussie band.
I also like Dimmu Borgir, regardless of whether their black metal or not. I don't know what else to call them and i don't really care either.

Agalloch are just (hands down) an amazing band. They left me speechless the first time I heard The Mantle

anyhow! For me: Emperor, Zyklon, Naglfar, Arcturus (well...some of their crap is black metal)

"Agalloch are just (hands down) an amazing band. They left me speechless the first time I heard The Mantle"

So true, so true.

I've checked out a few Pale Folklore tunes, and that's gonna be the next thing I blow my money on (along with EoR, of course)