black metal

I'm black (well, half-black) and I love metal and plenty of prog rock too. My 3 favorite bands are probably Opeth, Dark Tranquillity and Scar Symmetry.

But I like lots of other metal stuff too: God Forbid, Killswitch Engage (yeah, I know, that makes me a poser, whatever), Amorphis, Mastodon, Isis, The Ocean, Neurosis, Pelican, lots more.

And just as to not totally blow the stereotype I like rap too. Good stuff like David Banner, Public Enemy, Wu-Tang, DMX......not this MTV fluffball rap garbage they have today.

How can you mention David Banner and DMX in the same sentence as Public Enemy or Wu-Tang. DMX is especially commercial and fake IMO

How can you mention David Banner and DMX in the same sentence as Public Enemy or Wu-Tang.

Because it gets me freaking AMPED!!!!

And there's nothing particularly wrong with being "commercial" if the music is good. Which it is.

I'm sure many people on this board would consider some of my favorite metal bands "lame" anc call me a "poser" or whatever; I like Killswitch Engage which everybody here seems to consider something repulsive akin to top 40 bubblegum pop.

But I really don't care what anybody else thinks, I like what I like, and if anybody has a problem with what I like, they're free to go jump from the nearest tall building. :D

^

You don't find insightful commentary like this just anywhere folks.

Let's all sit back and appreciate the amazing deep intellect he has chosen to share with us.

Still doesnt make it insightful ^^^ :D

Im not asian or black but still a minority..

I can say that when I go to gigs, it felt awkward the first time around... but were all there for the music.

Because it gets me freaking AMPED!!!!

And there's nothing particularly wrong with being "commercial" if the music is good. Which it is.

I'm sure many people on this board would consider some of my favorite metal bands "lame" anc call me a "poser" or whatever; I like Killswitch Engage which everybody here seems to consider something repulsive akin to top 40 bubblegum pop.

But I really don't care what anybody else thinks, I like what I like, and if anybody has a problem with what I like, they're free to go jump from the nearest tall building. :D

You can't say you hate MTV garbage and then listen to DMX ffs.

You can't say you hate MTV garbage and then listen to DMX ffs.

Sorry, but I don't recall asking for your approval.

As I said before, if you have a problem with my taste in music, feel free to jump off the nearest tall building.

Sorry didn't mean to sound so pissy just got a little overzealous in making my point. I have no compulsion to defend my musical tastes to anybody.

Having said that, yes, there is a huge difference between something like DMX or Banner and the Chris Brown-type rappers you see on MTV these days.