NWOAHM

RDreamer said:
If that's true, then the only pure American metal bands are Crowbar, CoC, Brand New Sin and muthereffing Fireball Ministry. And Mastodon. Thank Jesus in Heaven for Mastodon.

metalcore is asscoiated with metal...obviously...as its a hybrid...but all teh others are indeed just punk-offshoots. and hawthorne heights is post-hardcore...which...like said...produces a few good bands...and a waaaaave of shit....like metalcore.

anti-flag is one of teh worst excuses for punk ive ever heard...and as you said...its pretty well gone to shit lately...Stiff Little Fingers is still around though :tickled: but theyre not american :erk:

RDreamer said:
Have you seen Fuse or MTV lately? No? You want to know what band is really really popular? It's Hawthorne Heights. My God, the high schoolers all cream themselves over this shit. Worst singing I've ever heard, two-chord bullshit. Hell, the Ramones wrote more technical songs than that. The dude doesn't even sing, he just talks really loud and looks despondent. Hell, at least Aiden in all their shittiness puts some feeling into the vocals. It might as well be zombie music.

This is why I mainly listen to American progressive metal, or European metal. Most American music is absolute trash.

that's funny, I've never heard hawthorne heights myself, but from the way you describe them, they sound shitty. ramones wrote more technical music, laugh out loud.

angelofdeath9308 said:
that's funny, I've never heard hawthorne heights myself, but from the way you describe them, they sound shitty. ramones wrote more technical music, laugh out loud.

Don't worry, you aren't missing much.

The only American bands that I can listen to without wanting to physically demolish the device that is playing their music, would be Nevermore and Lamb of God. Agreed, that the vocals from LoG can take a while to get used to, but I think they suit the style of music very well...plus like mentioned, the drummer is pretty good at what he does. Nevermore, we all know them so I wont go there.

bass_lover1 said:
Don't worry, you aren't missing much.

The only American bands that I can listen to without wanting to physically demolish the device that is playing their music, would be Nevermore and Lamb of God. Agreed, that the vocals from LoG can take a while to get used to, but I think they suit the style of music very well...plus like mentioned, the drummer is pretty good at what he does. Nevermore, we all know them so I wont go there.

Symhpony X are by far the best metal band from America, with a singer whos voice sounds fucking incredible and who can sing.

RDreamer said:
If that's true, then the only pure American metal bands are Crowbar, CoC, Brand New Sin and muthereffing Fireball Ministry. And Mastodon. Thank Jesus in Heaven for Mastodon.

Punk used to be good, man! We used to have the Ramones and the Clash and the Dead Kennedys and Black Flag! Now we have... Rancid? I guess there's Jawbreaker and Anti-Flag and Bad Religion and the Dropkick Murphys too, but geez. It used to mean something besides music about getting drunk.

Have you seen Fuse or MTV lately? No? You want to know what band is really really popular? It's Hawthorne Heights. My God, the high schoolers all cream themselves over this shit. Worst singing I've ever heard, two-chord bullshit. Hell, the Ramones wrote more technical songs than that. The dude doesn't even sing, he just talks really loud and looks despondent. Hell, at least Aiden in all their shittiness puts some feeling into the vocals. It might as well be zombie music.

This is why I mainly listen to American progressive metal, or European metal. Most American music is absolute trash.
um, the clash are brits

I know! I was talking about punk music in general, not just American punk. Honestly who cares if punk is American or British, there are only a handful of bands worth a shit anyway. Even the Sex Pistols at times are unlistenable.

Keith! said:
Symhpony X are by far the best metal band from America, with a singer whos voice sounds fucking incredible and who can sing.
Symphony X :worship:

I vote Symphony X for one of the most underrated bands around now.

Michael Romeo has as much talent as John Petrucci.

And Russell Allen can sing just as good as James Labrie (Without the Canadian-ness)

Tubbs Mcgee said:

And Russell Allen can sing just as good as James Labrie (Without the Canadian-ness)

Michael Romeo has as much talent as Petrucci?
How about Romeo is from another planet and Petrucci is just another guitar player from earth.

They are worlds apart.

Same goes for Russel and Labrie. Russel pisses all over Labrie. Hes gotta be one of the worst metal singers around, his voice sounds so horrible.

In saying that, I do like Dream Theater, they just dont compare to Symphony X. :)

Keith! said:
Michael Romeo has as much talent as Petrucci?
How about Romeo is from another planet and Petrucci is just another guitar player from earth.

They are worlds apart.

Same goes for Russel and Labrie. Russel pisses all over Labrie. Hes gotta be one of the worst metal singers around, his voice sounds so horrible.

In saying that, I do like Dream Theater, they just dont compare to Symphony X. :)
I know Russell is better, but let's be serious here. I really don't think Romeo is BETTER than Petrucci, but is definitely AS good as him. The difference here is Petrucci plays more progressive metal stuff and Romeo plays in a neo-classical metal way.

People have their opinion about James Labrie, I think he suits DT fine.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I know Russell is better, but let's be serious here. I really don't think Romeo is BETTER than Petrucci, but is definitely AS good as him. The difference here is Petrucci plays more progressive metal stuff and Romeo plays in a neo-classical metal way.

People have their opinion about James Labrie, I think he suits DT fine.

I'd have to say Romeo is better in every aspect. In terms of song writing and technical skill. Even if they both solo in different styles, Romeo's are far far nicer to listen to. He's got a shit load more groove than Petrucci can ever imagine having. Romeo's even got groove when he's playing FASTER than Petrucci. I dont think Petrucci could ever write something that could compare to songs such as The Devine Wings of Tragedy of The Odyssey. AND lets not forget about Romeo's riffs :OMG:

Anyway so long as we don't bring the drummers into this, i'll always respect your opinon, even if i dont agree.:)

Tubbs Mcgee said:

WTF Romeo bends Petrucci over and fucks in the ass with his headstock.
Romeo shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Pertrucci, Romeo a better guitar player AND song writer in every single way.

The same goes for Russell compared to Labrie. labrie sings like a candy-ass with an awful voice while Russel sings like a greek god.

Symphony x>Dream Theater No contest!!