Black Metal

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
From that, you can realize that I'm not much into this "Black Metal" stuff!! I just listen to laugh a little, and to make some noisy thing, just that...

But, buddy... If U don't know Krisiun, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!!!

They're a brazilian death (or black...) metal band, and they're very acclaimed all over europe, and asia...

You should try to catch some song of this band... If U enjoy extreme metal, this is the band!!!

cool just my type of music hehe:D you know what's the best album by them? (or the one you consider the best) I want to check out an album and some songs would be cool too :)

Yup, pagan. Actually its not so much that you'd say they're satanic, they aren't (at least blatantly), but their lyrics mostly refer to things esoteric and magical, if you have any knowledge of such spiritualist things like that. It'd be safe to wager that some of those lyrics are used in incantations or ritual chants.

Goto www.darklyrics.com

and read some of them.

Originally posted by Soilworker
Yeah... Nevermore are more Power Metal in my eyes though...

I meant crunchy downtuned blastbeat metal from hell, with a LaBrie clone wailing along to it... heh...

Would be very hardcore indeed...

And I agree Trapped, elitist metalheads are everywhere.... why can't people just like METAL and all of it...

:p

You need to listen to Control Denied then. It's Chuck's final masterpiece and pretty much a logical progression past Death's final album. Incredibly crafted, technically precise death metal with a power/prog [clean] metal vocalist. It owns.

Originally posted by Dado-x
Only real black metal band I like is Mercyful Fate, and don't say they are not BM because they originated the genre. It's not their fault everything else after them turned into crap.

Mercyful fate... black metal? hmm.... not quite... maybe lyrically KIND OF....

Everyone knows Black Metal started from a little shop in Norway...

Originally posted by fustiar
Yup, pagan. Actually its not so much that you'd say they're satanic, they aren't (at least blatantly), but their lyrics mostly refer to things esoteric and magical, if you have any knowledge of such spiritualist things like that. It'd be safe to wager that some of those lyrics are used in incantations or ritual chants.

Goto www.darklyrics.com

and read some of them.

Oh yeah I see what you mean, I wonder if that's from some kind of organized religion or sect:)

Originally posted by BastrdDrmr
The only thing resembling black metal that is worth a damn is Dimmu Borgir. Kings of the Carnival Creation is an AMAZING song! But if you want true awesome metal, listen to the melodic death metal (a million times better than black metal)!! Arch Enemy, Soilwork, old In Flames, Hatesphere, Children of Bodom, and Kalmah OWN!!!!!

Bastrd, you are a shit head. You havn't heard old Dimmu and refuse to listen to any more Emperor because you didn't like "I Am the Black Wizards" or whatever.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Mercyful fate... black metal? hmm.... not quite... maybe lyrically KIND OF....

Everyone knows Black Metal started from a little shop in Norway...

Mercyful Fate are/were black metal.

As for black metal starting in norway... you couldn't be more wrong.

Venom are from England. Bathory are from Sweden. Hellhammer/Celtic Frost are from Switzerland, and Mercyful Fate are from Denmark.

Norway's flirtation with black metal is regarded as the "second wave" of black metal. Not what I would could origin...

Originally posted by Willith
Bastrd, you are a shit head. You havn't heard old Dimmu and refuse to listen to any more Emperor because you didn't like "I Am the Black Wizards" or whatever. You should give Borknagar a shot, that's like half of Dimmu at one point in time.

As far as black metal I like goes- Mayhem is allright, Zyklon is allright, Borknagar has some cool stuff, and I love Emperor and Dimmu. And fuck anyone who says Dimmu is too mainstream and all the related b.s. that usually follows with those comments.

How can someone not like "I Am The Black Wizards" ?

That's one of the greatest unholy hymns of black metal!