Black Rose Immortal - Fanatic - community

camejoe

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2006
I'm obsessed with "Black rose immortal" by Opeth from MorningRise. I have a community at Orkut. If you're a fan of this angelic and bewitching track with some of the best lyrics and transitions ever made, join my community on ORKUT. If the mods think, this is an advertisement, go rite ahead delete it. I'm just trying to promote the song. It's my second favorite track after "High hopes" by pink floyd which has the ultimate solo and transition at the end. 'Black rose immortal' is like reading poetry. It is poetry. So well, join my community. Otherwise, flame me, or delete my post if you wish so. Over and out. Bye. Cheers.

:kickass:

EDIT: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=12681666

:p

It may be a tad overrated but it is still an amazing song, 20 minutes and none of it feels repetitive, and in my opinion flows brilliantly. However I would say that my favorite song off that album would be To Bid You Farewell with Black Rose Immortal a close second.

Yeah, I think it might indeed have the worst transitions. I'm definitely not bashing the song though. I think To Bid You Farwell is the best on the album, followed closely by The Night and the Silent Water. Morningrise is just bitchin' all the way through. Probably my favorite Opeth album.

Morningrise is my favourite album but ill admit the transitions are pretty shoddy at times. BRI is great and has easily the best acoustic passage of any song, but the transitions are far from smooth. Listen to some Meshuggah, then go back to BRI and say it has good transitions.

And id say BRI is slightly overrated, being a 20 minute song seems to give it automatic praise or something.

Scarlett Letterman said:
And id say BRI is slightly overrated, being a 20 minute song seems to give it automatic praise or something.

My thoughts exactly (well, maybe except that I'd say 'very' instead of 'slightly' ;) )

what's the dislike with the transitions?

IMO, they keep the overall depth of the song. To each his own i guess. :OMG: