Black Rose Immortal - Fanatic - community

This is kind of random, but has anyone else been reminded of the Mortal Kombat movie theme at about 7:27 in on BRI. The base line sounds just like the opening music to that movie.

Metatron'sCube said:
This is kind of random, but has anyone else been reminded of the Mortal Kombat movie theme at about 7:27 in on BRI. The base line sounds just like the opening music to that movie.
Yeah, its been pointed out many times lol. Its true.

Metatron'sCube said:
It may be a tad overrated but it is still an amazing song, 20 minutes and none of it feels repetitive, and in my opinion flows brilliantly. However I would say that my favorite song off that album would be To Bid You Farewell with Black Rose Immortal a close second.

of course it doesnt feel repetative...its 20 minutes of 20 different riffs loosely slapped on top of eachother. which is also its largest fault.

NineFeetUnderground said:
of course it doesnt feel repetative...its 20 minutes of 20 different riffs loosely slapped on top of eachother. which is also its largest fault.

I disagree, I personally think it flows really well, and after a couple listens am able to anticipate the movements in the music. But maybe that song just clicks with me, it's obviously not something everyone is going to like.

blimey said:
Yeah, its been pointed out many times lol. Its true.

My bad, I'm pretty new here, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I just thought it was funny because I always see the movie in my head when that part starts.

I think the synth part gets boring. It starts at around 9:15 and goes for ~45 secs. That part irritates me for some reason.

NicholasDWolfwood said:
I think the synth part gets boring. It starts at around 9:15 and goes for ~45 secs. That part irritates me for some reason.

They are volume swells. And they rock pretty hard in the song. i may have to listen to BRI. Its been a long time.

The transitions in the first fifteen minutes or so work well for me, but I think they get a little forced after that, specially during the second solo part.

Great song nonetheless. The section after around 11 minute mark is my favorite Opeth moment.