Black Rose Immortal: Live?

Would you like Opeth to play Black Rose Immortal on the next tour?

• Yes

Votes: 134 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 65 32.7%

• Total voters
Didn't Mikael say Per got him to resurrect 2 or 3 "old" songs that they will play... One of them was Wreath, although not too old. Maybe Advent or BRI? \m/

That would be great, but I remember Mikael stating a number of times that he can't even remember how to play that song.

He said if they'd play that, it'd take half of the show - which would be completely worth it. I mean, I've seen them live, I've got the Lamentations DVD and I play on acquiring the Roundhouse DVD, so from a completely selfish point of view, I want to see them play this song - it would be unique and fucking awesome as well.

No. I mean, it isn't the best song anyway but even if it was you could fit 2 or even 3 much better songs into the time it takes to play.

They just have to do a 2 hours show, they'd have plenty of time to play Black Rose Immortal. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells live anyone? It's 40 minutes long and he plays it live and IT-IS-AWESOME!

It's been played live in the early- or mid-'90s, though I believe just once or a few times. Even if only once, I know there exists an incredibly rare if not completely uncirculated bootleg of a/the performance, owned by Lee Barrett.

I'd love to see it live; despite my belief that it's a somewhat poor -song-, I feel it has some of Opeth's greatest musical -moments-. However, I'd still rather see two better songs and even a Damnation tune fill its time slot.

I remember Mikael stating a number of times that he can't even remember how to play that song.

There's a great Power Tab floating around the net; I find it to be pretty accurate. So if Mikael forgot how to play it, it's just a click and a download away! I'm sure it would all come back to him once he plays the first few riffs, though.

It would be create a rather nostalgic feeling that's for sure.Depends on how long a set they have though.Would'nt be as happy if they only had one hour and spent over a quarter of it on BRI,but for 90 minutes and over would be very content.

It would be create a rather nostalgic feeling that's for sure.Depends on how long a set they have though.Would'nt be as happy if they only had one hour and spent over a quarter of it on BRI,but for 90 minutes and over would be very content.

I agree with you. I wouldn't want to see it at an hour long show, either. But for their usual 90-120 minute shows, bring it on! I really hope they pull out some rarer tracks for the next tour.

Didn't Mikael say Per got him to resurrect 2 or 3 "old" songs that they will play... One of them was Wreath, although not too old. Maybe Advent or BRI? m/

The first time I saw them back for Blackwater Park album support, they had an hour to play, and played Advent. I remember keeping an eye on Mendez, when the melodic bass line in Advent was approaching.

Didn't Mikael say Per got him to resurrect 2 or 3 "old" songs that they will play... One of them was Wreath, although not too old. Maybe Advent or BRI? m/

The first time I saw them back for Blackwater Park album support, they had an hour to play. So they played 1 song from each album and played Advent. I remember keeping an eye on Mendez, when the melodic bass line in Advent was approaching.

This is further proof that Opeth fanboys would say yes to ANY song played live. I'd only want to see it for the novelty of hearing it played live. At a Chronology 3-hour show or something. But REALLY guys? You'd REALLY want 20+ minutes of the set time devoted to Black Rose Immortal?

This is further proof that Opeth fanboys would say yes to ANY song played live. I'd only want to see it for the novelty of hearing it played live. At a Chronology 3-hour show or something. But REALLY guys? You'd REALLY want 20+ minutes of the set time devoted to Black Rose Immortal?

Yes I would. It's not that much of a leap time-wise as songs that they do play live. Isn't Advent almost 15 minutes long? I'm sure the live version of A Fair Judgement is also quite long with that last riff slowed way down. And there are a few others as well, so it isn't that much of a stretch.