Black Rose Immortal: Live?

Would you like Opeth to play Black Rose Immortal on the next tour?

• Yes

Votes: 134 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 65 32.7%

• Total voters
No, never! I said that "Karma" is one the worst Opeth songs ever... well, "Black Rose Immortal" is THE worst Opeth song ever!

Mike, please, don't waste fuckin' 20 minutes to that piece of crap. Play "The Moor" and "A Fair Judgement" instead of that bwah!

No, never! I said that "Karma" is one the worst Opeth songs ever... well, "Black Rose Immortal" is THE worst Opeth song ever!

Mike, please, don't waste fuckin' 20 minutes to that piece of crap. Play "The Moor" and "A Fair Judgement" instead of that bwah!

Black Rose Immortal a piece of crap? Talk about constructive criticism *sigh*

Well, if we are to consider everyone's preference I think we will end up with the entire Opeth's catalogue being played live... But that would be cool, an entire day listening to them live!

:erk:......
Anyways....for a normal set I would say no, play karma and AA like the others said. But if it was some special gig, then absolutely, play it.

Deh... sorry for "piece of crap", of course... but some guys really make me sick when they're talking about possibility of "Black Rose Immortal" played live. Mike himself said in one interview that most fans like that song only because of its length... you know, it's like... TR00 BLEK METOL REBELZ!!! 20minute song! SATAN LIKES IT!!! Actually it's not so good... it's the worst Opeth's, in my opinion.

Yeah, whatever. It's not a Black metal song, and most black metal songs clock in at less than 20 minutes...hell less than ten. It's a very proggish song. So you're going to tell me that songs by Rush, Yes, ELP, Dream Theater that are 20+ minutes are black metal songs, too? The ones that like BRI like the song because of the intricate acoustic interludes, the 70's prog vibe, etc... I guess you had to be a fan, back when it came out, to understand. It (Morningrise/BRI) was a breath of fresh air in the mid 90's, when very few death metal bands still existed, that were trying something very inventive and inspiring. Is it my favorite song by Opeth? No, but it was just....you had to be there, back in 96', when it came out.

Deh... sorry for "piece of crap", of course... but some guys really make me sick when they're talking about possibility of "Black Rose Immortal" played live. Mike himself said in one interview that most fans like that song only because of its length... you know, it's like... TR00 BLEK METOL REBELZ!!! 20minute song! SATAN LIKES IT!!! Actually it's not so good... it's the worst Opeth's, in my opinion.

And some people like it because they think it's good.

Mind-boggling, I know, but possible all the same.

It had nothing to do with the length, I really love the song, I don't want it played because of the length, shitloads of metal bands have long songs, it's length isn't amazing, the music is though. It's a really good song imo, I'd love to hear it live.

lol, I don't think anyone likes it only because of the length.
Personally it's one of my favorite opeth songs, I would love to see it live. That is if they have at least a 90 minute set.

At the Sydney show SW said something along the lines of 'now PT aren't a band renowned for their bravery, but here goes..'

Then the intro came in and my mate and I simply turned towards each other in awe. Fekking spectacular!

Porcupine Tree needs to Vancouver! That would be the best show ever!

Kind of off topic but did they play Deadwing at that concert?

BRI is an awesome song, and almost any one of it's distinct sections would be awesome songs on their own-- it isn't just the length of the whole thing. I'll often listen to the first half of the song up until the acoustic section, or start listening at the acoustic section if I don't have 20 minutes to sit down and listen to music-- it has nothing to do with the 20 minute overall length, the song's a bloody masterpiece.