Black Sabbath poem and "In mist she was standing"

Korlich

So Judah fucked it up
Jul 28, 2003
Århus, Denmark
Still falls the rain, the veils of darkness shroud the blackened trees, which contorted by some unseen violence, shed their tired leaves, and bend their boughs towards a grey earth of severed bird wings. among the grasses, poppies bleed before a gesticulating death, and young rabbits, born dead in traps, stand motionless, as though guarding the silence that surrounds and threatens to engulf all those that would listen. Mute birds, tired of repeating yesterdays terrors, huddle together in the recesses of dark corners, heads turned from the dead, black swan that floats upturned in a small pool in the hollow. there emerges from this pool a faint sensual mist, that traces its way upwards to caress the chipped feet of the headless martyr's statue, whose only achievement was to die to soon, and who couldn't wait to lose. the cataract of darkness form fully, the long black night begins, yet still, by the lake a young girl waits, unseeing she believes herself unseen, she smiles, faintly at the distant tolling bell, and the still falling rain.

This is taking from the cover of BS first record. Is it just me or is this text quite similar to Opeth´s "In mist she was standing"? Well anyway I just thought that Mikael might have been inspired by this poem when wrote the lyrics for this song.

Wow....good observation. I actually see similarities to a few of Opeth's songs.

"Mute birds, tired of repeating yesterdays terrors, huddle together in the recesses of dark corners"
Is very similar to the line:
"Sunbirds leave their dark recesses" in Black Rose Immortal

"threatens to engulf all those that would listen"
Is very similar to the line:
"And you gird me when I dare to listen" in Advent

Those are some crazy similarities.....it could always just be a coincidence though

Yeah I mentioned this in an earlier thread.
Though I was talking about the similarities with 'My Arms, Your Hearse.'

eg:
Sabbath: "Bend their bows towards a grey earth"
Opeth: "Trees bend their bows towards the earth."

and

Sabbath:"huddle together in the recesses of dark corners"
Opeth: I think the line is "They all huddle in brown corners"

And the mood of both albums is dark, foresty...and the covers are similar with dark trees and a strange woman on the front.

Good observation on the In Mist She Was Standing correlation, I hadn't seen that one before.