• Ozzy

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Dio

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php

http://www.mysmilies.com/

and sometimes I steal from other forums and save them on my HD, then I upload them to Photobucket or a similar server and paste them min here.

NP: Jorn - 'Duke Of Love'

Wyvern: cheers mate :kickass:

I said it once and I'll say it again. Dio's voice and perhaps his persona does not fit the earlier Sabbath songs.

That is debatable. I think Tyson in his prime would kick Clay in his prime. I always thought Ali was overrated. But anyways Tyson has been over the hill in boxing quite some time now so I do not know why he even mentioned Tyson now.

Unfaithfully Metalhead: the reason for ALI V's TYSON example, just look at the two today, which one would win, OZZY is ALI "I AM THE GREATEST" and DIO is IRON MIKE PIT BULL TYSON, put the two in the ring, we know who would win, stay out a winner keep the respect of the people, thats wot OZZY should do, the people/fans respect the man leave it that way.
thats in my opinion. but if you don't like TYSON change it to FRANK BRUNO. but OZZY is still ALI. I have the greatest respect for both OZZY and DIO.:worship::headbang::kickass:

cheers :kickass:maiden1

Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are still my two fave Sabbath albums, but the Ozzy era put out consistently great albums for an entire decade...not just two years.

Seems you forgot Dehumanizer... It may not be the third Dio album in a row, but it's awesome stuff. I mean, what does it matter if Dio left after two albums and did not stay for a decade?! BS made awesome stuff after him, it's obviously more up to Iommi than the singer, although Dio's input is always worth the weight of his balls in gold...

@ TSO: And I can testify that jump over a barbed wire fence is not nice, done it, got entangled and did hurt. Try to sit on a normal brickwall :saint:
Thankfully, I never had to straddle a barbed wire fence to find out that it hurts...you did that for me! Hawk's a good man, his fence must be a brick wall with padding atop it, because I'm quite comfortable sitting on the fence on this one!

Seems you forgot Dehumanizer... It may not be the third Dio album in a row, but it's awesome stuff. I mean, what does it matter if Dio left after two albums and did not stay for a decade?! BS made awesome stuff after him, it's obviously more up to Iommi than the singer, although Dio's input is always worth the weight of his balls in gold...

I left out Dehumanizer on purpose because it's not in the same league as HaH and MR. It's a great album for sure, but Sabbath never really found their songwriting magic again after Born Again. Iommi can still crank out the killer riffs (RIFFMASTER!), but he's not been able to put out consistently killer SONGS.

For me, Sabbath put out 7 classic albums with Ozzy (all but Never Say Die), 2 with Dio and 1 with Ian Gillan.

but he's not been able to put out consistently killer SONGS.

I disagree my good friend. Here´s a list of (IMO) killer songs after BA:

'In For A Kill'
'Turn To Stone'
'Danger Zone'
'Glory Ride'
'Nightmare'
'Lost Forever'
'Headless Cross'
'Devil & Daughter'
'Kill In The Spirit World'
'Black Moon'
'Nightwing'
'The Law Maker'
'Valhalla'
'Computer God'
'I'
'TV Crimes'
'Time Machine'
'Letters From Earth'
'Cross Of Thorns'
'Immaculate Deception'
'The Hand That Rocks The Cradle'

I disagree my good friend. Here´s a list of (IMO) killer songs after BA:
But remember, Wyv, I'm an ALBUM guy. I don't care how many great songs he might have written if he didn't put them all on one album so I can enjoy listening to it. That's why I said he was inconsistent. They never put together a whole killer ALBUM after BA. All thru the 90s I found them very hit and miss.

Trans-Siberian Outcast: I think your missing the point, OZZY and DIO have finished dancing with the Devil:hotjump::worship:, there contracts have been fore filled.

IF the Devil had a new contract:Smokedev:. the Question is:confused:? who could/would/and should fore fill that contract, who can still dance with the Devil:devil: OZZY or DIO.

cheers:kickass:maiden1

"The Devil Has No Friends":lol::lol::devil:

I'm still on the fence Maiden1, as I love both equally!

No one is disputing the fact that you luv both OZZY and DIO, you have to realise that when Time go's by shit happens and with OZZY shit has happend, OZZY's not even half the man he used to be.

So you have to be realistic in the choice that you make.

by sating, i'm still on the fence, your not really answering the Question in hand.

people would love to see the old OZZY up on stage, but would he last the night, never mind the rest of a tour. But DIO, the man still has it all. But I wouldn't wont DIO singing for BLACK SABBATH.

"In my opinion he should stay as the great man/band DIO"

But if i had to choose a singer right now for a gig 2007 it would be the great Ronnie James DIO :devil::danceboy::devil:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

PS: I mean no disrespect to you ^T.S.O^:kickass:

But remember, Wyv, I'm an ALBUM guy.

If an album delivers enough over 50% of decent material I keep it. If among those songs there's at leat ONE that kick my butt, the money was worth spent. All those songs I mentioned fulfilled the requirement and beyond.

NP: Omen - 'The Axeman'

No one is disputing the fact that you luv both OZZY and DIO, you have to realise that when Time go's by shit happens and with OZZY shit has happend, OZZY's not even half the man he used to be.

So you have to be realistic in the choice that you make.

Well, since they've both been touring together in recent years, I wasn't figuring in the live factor. Neither of them can go long tours anymore, especially Ozzy. I was thinking STUDIO albums, not a touring schedule. Ozzy can still deliver in the studio, and so can Dio. I'd like to see an album from both (in a perfect world).

Unfaithfully Metalhead: the reason for ALI V's TYSON example, just look at the two today, which one would win, OZZY is ALI "I AM THE GREATEST" and DIO is IRON MIKE PIT BULL TYSON, put the two in the ring, we know who would win, stay out a winner keep the respect of the people, thats wot OZZY should do, the people/fans respect the man leave it that way.
thats in my opinion. but if you don't like TYSON change it to FRANK BRUNO. but OZZY is still ALI. I have the greatest respect for both OZZY and DIO.:worship::headbang::kickass:

cheers :kickass:maiden1

Considering that Ali is like a walking vibrator :lol: due to having Parkinson's disease I would think that is not a fair assessment... Ozzy isn't that bad physically...

I was a mad Ozzy w/Sabbath fan in my youth, to the point I couldnt dig Dio singing with them. My first introduction to Dio was Holy Diver and although I was soon to hear plenty of Mob Rules, Heaven & Hell, I couldnt accept the loss of Ozzy - as much as I really liked many songs and Dio's voice.

In 2007, I still love my early Sabbath but I bought the Sabbath Dio Years and found that - with alot of water under the bridge - I can get right into it now, so I'll have to get the full albums at some point.

I would rather see (and loved seeing) Dio with Sabbath. His voice is still strong, he commands the stage and demands your attention. I have no interest in seeing Ozzy return to Sabbath, his ability to create the atmosphere he once delivered is gone. I still hold my old Sabbath albums & Ozzy solo stuff in the highest regard but I dont want him back in Sabbath, no way!

I voted Dio.
I just have so much more respect for the guy, I realise that Ozzy would have had much more integrity left if it wasn't for Sharon, but still, he lets her do what she does.
I've also baught "Black Rain" some time ago and although Zakk still kicks ass, Ozzy just cant pronounce his words and once I hear that I can't listen pass it.
Dio is the obvious choice here as far as I'm concerned, the fact that he does Heaven & Hell is just a bonus.
d050.gif

even after 30 years of listening to them and seeing them thru all of there transitional stages of vocal evoloution ,to this day when i think of black sabbath ....i think of ozzy.
i think of dio as a great singer that was in black sabbath.
same as ian gillan.
i just saw them with dio a few months ago and they were great, and i do love the dio years material, but in my heart id like to see the official "final "tour of black sabbath as an original line up.

NOW.... if they had ozzy,RJD and ian gillan all on the same tour! that! would be even a more appropriate closing page to the most influential (metal,rock,ect)band of the last 38 years.:kickass: