Black Sabbath vocalist; Ozzy or Dio?

With who should Black Sabbath continue?

• Ozzy

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Dio

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As evidenced by both the Heaven and Hell tours and well, any Ozzy show in the last 5-7 years: Dio can still actually sing. Ozzy croaks into a microphone while reading off of a teleprompter. Kinda sad considering Dio is at LEAST 10 years older than Ozzy, and still has 10 times the voice.

Not that Ozzy had much of a great singing voice to begin with, anyway.

Ozzy was the reason I did not listen to Sabbath alot when Sabbath was new. His gawd awfull nasal tone was the worst in the field at that time. Then Blackmore put together this little band Rainbow and here was a great singer. I put Ozzy in a vocal class with Neil Young only at least Young wrote played and sang his own songs. Ozzy didnt even want to give song writing credit and royalities to Daisley. Sabbath dumped him for good reason

Dio for me, ozzy stuff deserves it's place in history but in terms of voice and contribution the man on the silver mountain for mine

For me my first choice would be R.J Dio, OZZY has past his time with metal singing, time to enjoy the rest of his life, but not as a joke, as it would be if he returned. but , I don't think Black Sabbath are worthy of the great man R.J DIO, "great band, great band name and should stay as:worship: DIO" :headbang::kickass:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are still my two fave Sabbath albums, but the Ozzy era put out consistently great albums for an entire decade...not just two years. So, for me, it's a tie. I love both equally.

For the sake of this poll, which singer should Sabbath "continue" with, I'll again say both*, with an asterik. I'd love to see one more Sabbath with Ozzy album happen before he's completely shot (or dead). But, if we're talking long term, I'd go with Dio. Those three new songs they put on that Dio Years best of are great and I salivate at the possibility of another full-length album full of Iommi riffs and Dio vocals.

Yeah, I'm definitely sitting on the fence on this poll! Thank God Hawk didn't make it a barbed wire fence...or a picket fence.

Is interesting that most votes goes to Dio and people defend the why, but I have seen few or none defending the votes for Ozzy (except Larry). Just a tought.

NP: Nasty Savage - 'Gladiator'

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yeah, I'm definitely sitting on the fence on this poll! Thank God Hawk didn't make it a barbed wire fence...or a picket fence.

:lol: Naaa I would not do that to you... ;)

Is interesting that most votes goes to Dio and people defend the why, but I have seen few or none defending the votes for Ozzy (except Larry). Just a tought.

i never play follow the leader bro or go with status quo... or afraid to speak my mind as you already know... :loco:

i never play follow the leader bro or go with status quo... or afraid to speak my mind as you already know... :loco:

Au contraire mon ami, I'm praising that you satand by your beliefs. You don't cast the stone and hide the hand. I'm not trying to start a flame war or a hot debate, I was just curious why some pople vote and don't defend their viewpoint (intelligently please).

@ TSO: And I can testify that jump over a barbed wire fence is not nice, done it, got entangled and did hurt. Try to sit on a normal brickwall :saint:

NP: Crscent Shield - 'Await The Champion'

you have to be reallistic, it would be like "MOHAMAD ALI" doing a come back and his apponent would be "IRON MIKE TYSON" no contest, ALI wouldn't last a round.:mad:

I LUV both singers but OZZY should be rememberd as the great man who bit the head off a bat, prince of darkness, the man who rocked the world, not the man who tripped over his shoe laces, I would be gutterd to see him fail. I don't need new memories.:erk:

And DIO, DIO should be left as DIO, Black Sabbath can fined someone younger and worthy to carry on the great band/name.:headbang:

cheers :kickass:maiden1

I think Ozzy is a follow the bouncing ball singer, Dio has a voice, tone, dynamics, expression.

you have to be reallistic, it would be like "MOHAMAD ALI" doing a come back and his apponent would be "IRON MIKE TYSON" no contest, ALI wouldn't last a round.:mad:

True but that doesn't exclude that Ali fans can defend his idol. My point is (and sadly written expression not always is as clear as an open oral dialogue) that those who voted for Ozzy didn't came forward and say why. It just puzzles me.

I love Motorhead, many people dislike it because they say Lemmy can't sing, they're too old for that shit, they haven't evolved, etc. etc. Maybe they're right, but I will continue defending Motorhead openly, not just voting in silence. Just because voting is secret in a democracy that doesn't mean you have to hide your beliefs.

What's the point of a forum if only one side does the discussion (intelligent one of course, for flame wars there are other forums)?

Dunno, maybe the flu it's getting me too grumpy and philosophical
o045.gif

NP: Scale The Summit - 'Holding Thunder'

^Your right, people who vote for :worship:OZZY or :worship:DIO should at least have some respect for the said singer and say a few words why they should or shouldn't be the one.

I know R.J DIO went through a lot of shit with Black Sabbath back in the day, thats the reason I said Black Sabbath aren't worthy of his voice, DIO should stay as DIO, But thats in my opinion.

Motor Head is my third best band, Lemmys always had that husky voice, thats wot makes him Lemmy/Motor Head.
I know wot your saying Wyvern.:headbang:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

PS: Where do you people get your Emoticons from, i luv the one slicing the kabab meat, now the flew one, brilliant.

My observation is, most that posted for Ozzy simply stated they liked the earier albums. Which indicates its a musically based taste. Its pretty much always been common for a bands first recordings to be favorites or best. They contain early raw work, less influenced by trends or "the industry". As a band and members mature with age and seasoning they tend to calm down and loose some that youngster idealism and energy. They also are no longer trend setters or first to the scene, but become dated and blend into the scene. Think of how many bands that set the mark this has happened to. Myself I've always enjoyed watching or listening to a band evolve, but their early works are always a standout.

That said if Dio started with Sabbath in '70 Ozzy wouldnt get one vote ...... lol

AND... young Clay would have gave young Tyson his long over due ass kickin, dont belive me ? Find some footage! Tyson was and still is from around my local area, hes was and is a scum bag. His true colors eventually shone for all to see.

I prefer Dio over Ozzy. I like his vocals better and for the most part, the songs. I am far from an Ozzy hater. He is the original vocalist and the early Sabbath is great. It is much like Metal Church........ they seemed to overcome the classics by upgrading.
Everyone on this forum can argue with me if they will...... I don't care, but the BEST vocalsit BS ever had was Tony Martin. The music released wasn't necessarily the best song per song by a long shot. There was good and bad with Martin, but he made one hell of a best-of. He was an exceptional vocalist.

Bryant

That said if Dio started with Sabbath in '70 Ozzy wouldnt get one vote ...... lol
I said it once and I'll say it again. Dio's voice and perhaps his persona does not fit the earlier Sabbath songs.

AND... young Clay would have gave young Tyson his long over due ass kickin, dont belive me ? Find some footage! Tyson was and still is from around my local area, hes was and is a scum bag. His true colors eventually shone for all to see.

That is debatable. I think Tyson in his prime would kick Clay in his prime. I always thought Ali was overrated. But anyways Tyson has been over the hill in boxing quite some time now so I do not know why he even mentioned Tyson now.