Black Symphony

mtlheart

Dr. Stein's Creature
May 27, 2004
For those who might be wondering...
The Black Symphony is the progressive metal band that SHOULD have been at the top of the genre. The only problem is they're always in turmoil, for one reason or another.
They released 2 CD's, with 2 different singers. The first was an independent S/T album that sold pretty well for an independent release, and I think can be bought on their web site.

The second, Tears Of Blood, was darker, a bit heavier, and has been loosely described as a mix of Evergrey + Angel Dust. Tears Of Blood is an incredible CD, and I highly recommend it. Unfortunately its a bit hard to find. The last I checked Laser's Edge had it listed, but I have no idea how many they may have.

Sound Samples:
From Tears of Blood: Death Burned Tears Of Blood Part 2

From Black Symphony: Breathe Never The Wind

Sound Samples:
From Tears of Blood: Death | Burned | Tears Of Blood Part 2

hrmmm... these samples were literally one second each, so I can't give an opinion.

From Black Symphony: Breathe | Never | The Wind

these samples remind me less of Evergrey and more of Angel Dust, with a hint of Jon Shaeffer on guitar from middle-years Iced Earth.

Not bad. The singing could stand a bit more power, but you say that changed between the two albums at any rate. It would be nice to hear a decent sample from their second album. I don't know why they were cut so short in the links you posted.

~Hoyt.

Rider of Theli said:
hrmmm... these samples were literally one second each, so I can't give an opinion.
~Hoyt.
Hmmm. They should be 2 to 5 minutes long. Try right click and "save file." Did anyone else get a 1 second MP3?