Blackfield II... the saddest album since Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Never heard of Blackfield until now. So I'm downloading both of the albums of off Soulseek. Listening to the first couple songs, this is great! I love it! (Who wouldn't?) I tell you, the Katatonia Message Board is my #1 source for new music!

-Vince

N.P. Blackfield - 1,000 People

After listening to this album about 200 times, I think it's ready to enter the Hall of Supreme Sadness, and sit next to "Last Fair Deal Gone Down," "Souvlaki," and "A Fine Day To Exit," as one of the albums most likely to make me pass out in an alley covered in liquour and my own tears!

Steven Wilson understands the true sadness that is life...

200 times damn! From the songs I heard they weren't all that sad but I can agree LFDGD is very sad.

Hm i dont know. I heard it now for the second time. I love PT and like the old album. But somehow i cant get past the point saying: "HA, THERE.....THATS F´N POP!!!!" as if it is something bad (which in fact it is). ;-)

I would maybe pick "1000 People" as the song i like the most...

Hm i dont know. I heard it now for the second time. I love PT and like the old album. But somehow i cant get past the point saying: "HA, THERE.....THATS F´N POP!!!!" as if it is something bad (which in fact it is). ;-)
Nutt'n wrong with (good) pop, is there?
I would maybe pick "1000 People" as the song i like the most...
You don't like the fact that it's pop and the song you like most is one of the most poppy songs on the album.. You're very consistent ;)

It's a general statement not pointed at anyone so calm down. as far as im concerned we are all pals here.