Blackstar HT-20 Demo

lanky noob

Jan 13, 2012
The shire, UK

Not the best playing in the world, and i'm certain you could get a better tone out of this amp, but for a quick "i'm bored so i'll make a video" set up, I don't think it turned out half bad :)

Hint:buy one of these heads, cheap as chips and absolutely awesome

EDIT: Runthrough of the amp with one of my old band's songs, enjoy! (no post processing on guitars at all besides l2 to bring it up to volume)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4eVuOiQ2w&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered what were the functions of the two preamp tubes it has. One is the gain stage and the other is a tone-stack driver? Or gain stage and phase inverter? Or dual gain stages?

Either way, it sounds great, man! :)

Not sure what the purpose of the two tubes are, guessing one is a power driver, the other is a tone stack.... don't quote me on it though

Cab is the blackstar angled HTV 412, voiced for the head, i've tried it through a krankenstein before though and it was fucking awesome, after playing both i'd choose this over the jet city any day, bit of post processing and it sits in a mix absolutely beautifully, also found that it works brilliantly over a 5150 rhythm track for leads.

The hat never leaves my head, stole it form my girlfriend 3 years ago, she'll never get it back >:)

Hahahaha, the people calling me gay are my girlfriend and someone known to be a general twat who thinks he's a guitar god ;)

and cheers for the feedback on the tone! :)