Blackwater Park 2LP error

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
After my eyes bulging out at the record store when I noticed the new LP's on the shelf--I heard nothing about this--I immediately snapped up the BWP vinyl.

Placing side 1 lovingly face up on my turntable, I fully expected to hear the majestic intro... and got Harvest instead. Just like that goes my cherry-popping virgin vinyl complete Blackwater Park experience.

Did anyone else get their LP1 info stickers swapped (haven't checked LP2 yet)? Or do I have a collectors item on my hands... err, turntable?

This is bullshit. 1st: got the morningrise vinyl with the wrong track names on one of them, 2ND The Deliverance vinyl has the lyrics fucked, and ive ordere the BWP vinyl now Brooks says the tracks are fucked on it. One question, What ass hats have been let to fuck these vinyls up? Fucking Clampets.

rofl as long as the song plays fine who gives a shit about a written lyrics malfunction. what a girly thing to bitch about

Well Vuashke, I can understand why people who bought the LPs would be annoyed about the mistakes, From my experience people buy things like LPs in a collective sense, therefore any errors or mistakes kind of ruin the whole collective experience

if you are about collection solely then yeah i guess it can ruin it, but from a practical standpoint it wouldnt bother me at all. besides, it has been out on cd for a while and u can just scribble out and write in the real lyrics if it bothers you so much. its not like there is actual damage or change to the cd, it has no bearing whatsoever. thats why i called it stupid

if you are about collection solely then yeah i guess it can ruin it, but from a practical standpoint it wouldnt bother me at all. besides, it has been out on cd for a while and u can just scribble out and write in the real lyrics if it bothers you so much. its not like there is actual damage or change to the cd, it has no bearing whatsoever. thats why i called it stupid

dude u are so above us. i praise u.

It's probably just a label fuck up. I'm sure all the songs are there.

Ironically yesterday I was playing a Witchfinder General LP at the store I work at, and I was fully expecting Free Country after Invisible Hate...and it was Death Penalty. Caught me off guard :lol:

The songs are all there. It is a labeling mistake.

It's troubling that all three LP's seem to have some sort of issue, no matter how small. It's just a lack of oversight on the part of the company that's a little disheartening, especially when putting the time out to make a 'collectors edition LP' reissue, or whatever their marketing team wants to call it.

No it wont stop be from enjoying the music, the is the reason I bought it. But it did already kill my buzz on that first listen, and when buying vinyl, that first listen is all important.

FWIW, it sounds fucking godly. BWP already is the home of the best production on any Opeth record (that snare! *cums*), and the vinyl mastering just makes it that much more dynamic. All hail SW/FN!

I have the same error on my BWP. Does anyone know if all of them have been made like that, or only a few?

On a collector's point of view I dig these kind of errors, unless thousands of records have been pressed like that of course.

Yep - I took everyone s advice and stuck on harvest (side 2) and "The Leper Affinity" came on - so although the situation is pretty gimp-ish - I didnt get screwed by Harvest opening BWP :loco:

The sound quality is mind blowingly good - I have waited to get my hands on the vinyl version of BWP for a long time :headbang: