Blakkheim guitar effects

WeirdGray

Alone In Town
Hi folks.. I want to know, what exactly Anders' guitar effects on "The Great Cold Distance" album? Especially sirens (for example: follower, soil's song, deliberation etc.).. I know he used "phaser", "delay", "reverb" so much but there is something another special things.. but what is that? Can anyone explain this? Thanks too much (sorry about my English).

:) Yes I listened "Live Consternation" and I heard riffs and solos clearly (album tones better than live, exactly).. but I don't know Cosmos Cat effect! What is that? Daniel thanks for the answer and I know you're a great drummer I've ever seen.. I've Boss GT-8 and want to know how Anders made effects :) Maybe some feedback, pitch shifter or what else?! Any idea?

:) Yes I listened "Live Consternation" and I heard riffs and solos clearly (album tones better than live, exactly).. but I don't know Cosmos Cat effect! What is that? Daniel thanks for the answer and I know you're a great drummer I've ever seen.. I've Boss GT-8 and want to know how Anders made effects :) Maybe some feedback, pitch shifter or what else?! Any idea?

Here's a link to an old thread regarding the same questions you asked.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/katatonia/195082-boss-gt-3-question-blackheim.html

I was curious about the same things and came across the thread after doing a search. Anders answers a lot of questions about what effects he uses on his pedal, a gt3 at the time but i think him and Fred now have gt10's. Anyway Anders' answers are pretty in depth. I hope it can help you the same way it did me.

copy from here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/katatonia/195082-boss-gt-3-question-blackheim-5.html#post7741893

mm Weird.

i mean this thread has been for a looong time here.. and even though blakkie said he would get first a Gt8 and then changed his mind and so on..

how come he is still using his Gt3? are youmisguiding us anders? lol

im just curious.. last year i played with them her ein mexico.. and when i was on stage all theyr gear was already there so i took some liberties and took some pics ( if i can only dinf them ill post them).

and i remember they had the Gt3's and some other pedal.. ( barracuda or something.. i didnt really knew what that was).

ok i have already posted this pic.. here

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/katatonia/337444-mexican-fans.html

but ill leave it here for whatever reason.. im still wondering what happenned to the plans of changing the Gt3?

Imagen045.jpg

Thanks for your help Exiled. I did some practise on software called Guitar FX Box and found nearly "Follower" sirens.. now I must adapt on GT-8 :) But with your statement I understand I need extra different pedals :) I think Blakkheim usually uses flanger or phaser, delay, reverb, autowah (Frequency 600-800hz) effects.. thanks too much all of you men.. see you around

That's a Gt6 there on the bottom. The Gt8 is black in colour. I have one.

Lol yeah of course thats a GT6.. and not only a GT6.. its my GT6 hahaha
As i said that was my Stuff next to Norman's.

And yeah Daniel.. HAIL GT10..... but now that you mention it.. im reluctant to get rid of my beloved and faithfull GT6 to get the GT10...

Maybe ill build some legs onto it and make it my wife... that could work...:loco:

Btw does anyone have a V-amp, or a Line-6 Pod lying around and wants to get rid of it? ill pay a fair price. :)

Lol yeah of course thats a GT6.. and not only a GT6.. its my GT6 hahaha
As i said that was my Stuff next to Norman's.

And yeah Daniel.. HAIL GT10..... but now that you mention it.. im reluctant to get rid of my beloved and faithfull GT6 to get the GT10...

Maybe ill build some legs onto it and make it my wife... that could work...:loco:

Btw does anyone have a V-amp, or a Line-6 Pod lying around and wants to get rid of it? ill pay a fair price. :)

Ah ok! I misread what you said!!!!!! My fault!! :loco:

Hey Daniel.. ok first Hail GT-10, Hail Boss, Hail Roland etc... But we want to say "Hail Katatonia for new album".. Anders said "We can hear many question".. there is no more question.. there is only quiet, peaceful and melancholic waiting.. Allright GT-10 is great and I'll get one A.S.A.P :) but I love my GT-8 (dark, wild)

Has anyone here already has a gt10 ? i havent been able to get a hold of one to test its greatness... my top priorities would be.. is it easier to create the patches?.. does the delay rollback when you change to another patch? ( this feature was only found in the gt5 i believe).. are the distortions sounding a little more analogue?, how doe sthe USB interface works?

As i said i havent got one in my hands but.. theres also another thing thats troubling me.. the stomp switches seem a lot thiner.. and well you know .. we as metallheads.. with our dream crushing boots, i wonder if it will be harder to push them i mean just the one you want and not 2 at the same time.. ( that has happened to me in the gt6 so...)

ok ill end my rant............... now.