Blakkheim?

Blakkheim is Katatonia guitarist Anders Nyström.
Diabolical Masquerade is his solo project, and, IMO, it´s amazing!
It's a kind of "horror" death metal, quite atmospheric..
You should check it out on the official site:

http://www.katatonia.com/masquerade

There you will find all the info concerning Death Design and the other albums

So, Blakkheim or Blackheim is the Rhythm/Lead guitar player of Katatonia and "Diabolical Masquerade" is one of his projects,i'd say it is his baby. He has released 4 albums with it up to now,and "Death's design" is the latest effort.
It is very good from what i've heard,but i've not bought it yet.
I've only got the album before Death's design which is called "Nightwork",i like it very much and you should check it out definately!

For furhter information you can check out: www.katatonia.com/masquerade/

;)

by the way why doesn't Anders sing more often with clear voice?
From what I 've heard he's got a very beautiful voice, it's a pity to use it only for harsh vocals...

Originally posted by phyre
gugs! Get "Nightwork" at least! It's really really good blackened horror metal. Haven't heard the others much, am working on it.

*scribbles names down*

Thanks again! When I finally grab 'em and listen to them, I'll post my thoughts if anyone wants to hear 'em...

Originally posted by EOSTENEM
You should find the first album " Ravendusk in my heart", out on Adipocere records....
I think it's his darkest album, more black metal....the others are good but this one's my favourite.

The only one I don't know! ....Production-quality?

Originally posted by ether
by the way why doesn't Anders sing more often with clear voice?
From what I 've heard he's got a very beautiful voice, it's a pity to use it only for harsh vocals...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Dan Svanö does the clean vocals on Death's Design.

Diabolical Masquerade is very good :)

For atmosphere I'd recommend Nightwork, by far the album with the coolest feel to it. Deaths design is very good, but lacks the chilly atmosphere of it's predecessor

"Out of my way worthless human" daggada daggada daggada daggada.....

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!

So far I've heard Ravendusk In My Heart, Nightwork and Death's Design. All of them are killers. I was actually slightly surprised when Ravendusk In My Heart, after reading some bad reviews of it, turned out to be almost as good as Nightwork. Nightwork is my favourite.