blast beats

People just shouldn't take blasts so seriously...if Opeth uses them for a couple riffs on the new album, people will freak as if their cats have been stabbed.

being tasteful musicians, opeth could very well use blastbeats well. people overdo them, and they lose their affect. blastbeats create a unique kind of intensity that can't be attained any other way really, and i'm sure opeth would use them dynamically well. i assure you their will be no opeth with the drum structure of dark funeral.

blast beat king is probably nick barker (ex dimmu) or that nile drummer..
i think gene hogland would put up a good match too

Opeth should just have Mikael sing guitarless and acquire another singer so they can have two singers. Then they can bend in half on stage like monkeys rapping through "Deliverance."

atilla000 said:
Aaah, my eyes sometimes even get wet when I hear the blastbeat part, what a beautiful wedding of chaos and structure...
Yes! I feel sorry for those that can't look past the drum onslaught there and see the beauty behind. So many people I've shown it to, don't like that song.

Moonlapse said:
Yes! I feel sorry for those that can't look past the drum onslaught there and see the beauty behind. So many people I've shown it to, don't like that song.

inDEED.