Mikael the Blast Nazi.

Furious B

Aug 9, 2002
MPLS
So do you think that there will be any blast beats on Deliverance? I do believe mikael said it was the heaviest shit they've done so far ... so maybe? What do you think?

It'd be very interesting to hear blasts. I mean, a blast doesn't immediately mean brutality. Listen to Of Darksome Origin by Egde of Sanity for a good example of melodic blasting.

I can't say that I think Opeth and blast beats would go together very well. I'll never say never, but I think their heaviness is in the atmosphere and tight arrangements, not sheer old school brutality.

It would be interesting to see how they would incoorporate blast beats into their songs. It would be cool to get a taste of it, but hey, it's their music, i'm not picky. What ever it is, i'm sure it will be great. It's Opeth after all.

Originally posted by Static
Opeth + Blastbeats = an utterly fucked up idea.

How dare you even think about it!

How is that so fucked up? I think in some of the more intense moments, it would really propel the music. I'm not saying they have to do grindcore, but it would be interesting to see it done by them at least once.

I've been under the impression that blast beats are...as fast as they can go. I used to think that's what I liked. I like double bass NOT blast beats. So, that with Opeth? em. Who knows. They're always pulling tricks out of their hats. At this point, I can say I really don't prefer it. Static's in a cranky mood this morning. :Smug:

Add cymbals to taste... :lol: :D