Mikael talks about GR with Terrorizer

As far as standard death metal is concerned, Deliverance is a masterpiece. There's no reason for Mikael to succumb to the popular opinion of that album. He should be proud of it.

Eh, the only critique I can think of Deliverance, is that it missed a bit of the 'flow' other albums had. Yeah, it's my least favourite Opeth album, but it's still a masterpiece compared to other bands.

I'm more confident now that i heard those positives comments even if every artist praises their new albums. Especially when he admits what most peoples thought about deliverance and damnation and that his heart was in d2. Still it would have meant much more 2 years ago but it's great anyway. i'm now it will be good even if it's not their best. (it's gonna be hard to become but who knows.)
And I really like the lyrics concept. Makes me think of old and new opeth stucked together.

I like what i've read in the interviews too like when he said it would take many listen to get into.

iT's for me the most anticipated album since long ago.

Holy shit im looking forward to the new cd...I know hes bound to talk it up, but i dont see how you can call yourself an Opeth fan and not be excited!

I still think Deliverance is a great album, but the fact that Mikey recognizes that in fans' minds its not the right direction for the band really interests me. Makes me wonder exactly where hes going with this cd...

My only problem with Deliverance is that it's too sparse, so it's good that he specifically mentioned that there's a lot going on in GR. I'm really glad they're able to take their time with this, because I know they regret having to rush last time.

Is this the entire interview? Blabbermouth says it's an excerpt, but the Terrorizer site makes no mention of that or it being in an upcoming issue.

haha...yeah, to be honest...as much as this year is great for the metal scene: the awesome tours and many bands releasing albums...alot of the albums overall were kinda borning. That's just me anyway. But I do love how some bands improved/evolved.

Sanzen said:
shit, I could've told you that. 45 minutes of music school students soloing would hold me over for about 5 minutes.
1.Get some ears
2.Get Octavarium
3.Get rid of your bad jokes

yea this year is great for music

cephalic carnage - anomalies
nile - annihilation of the wicked (finally!)
enslaved - ISA (totally surprised at how awsome this is)
porcupine tree - deadwing
strapping young lad - alien
soon:
ulver - blood inside (i hate america!)
opeth - ghost reveries
others i cant remember

Pseud0 said:
yea this year is great for music

cephalic carnage - anomalies
nile - annihilation of the wicked (finally!)
enslaved - ISA (totally surprised at how awsome this is)
porcupine tree - deadwing
strapping young lad - alien
soon:
ulver - blood inside (i hate america!)
opeth - ghost reveries
nevermore - this godless endeavor

perfect...

anomalies and alien were pretty damn boring to me. I'm not blown away by "the sound" or "how extreme" or "musicially talented" they are. It's just not my thing really. Enslaved was 2004, but if you want to call it 2005, then yeah that really is a great album for this year. The new Nile by far is their best...definitely an improvement. Deadwing was also great...you named some of the better albums. I liked the new blood red throne, lost soul, kreator for this year.

alien isn't as good as city, but i still like it a lot.
cephalic carnage really clicks with me. I can see how some people don't like them though.
Isa came out in america in 05 so to me, thats 05.

and goreisart: i have never heard nevermore. I may go to see gigantour this summer at jones beach so i should probably check them out. What do they sound like? whats a good start?