whats got into Terrorizer ?

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
seeing as system of a down are a big topic of discussion here, i wondered why they are in this months terrorizer? i cant see the difference between them featuring, and red hot chili peppers in it! the only difference is that S.O.A.D mention angels dying or whatever, and so i come to my point, if you mention the devil or whatever in your band/songs you instantly get into kerrang tv or terrorizer or whatever when its in most cases just a fake image, i mean if you are christian or hindu etc, it doesn't mean you would mention them in your songs, you'd just get on with it. i could swear its just rock yet as the devil or angels are mentioned it becomes metal somehow:mad: , im just upset that slipknot and system of a down feature in what i thought of as a good magazine, i think soon terrorizer will contain everything that kerrang contains now:( , oh well at least i have opeth:)

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo. But I think as metal become more popular, we may well have some popular black metal bands etc., eg. Acercocke that Terrorizer will cover. Then we'll have 2 get another magazine :( Mayb? Mayb not. Hope not!

SOAD have as much right to be in Terrorizer as stuff like Cold Meat Industry recording artists. At least SOAD has it's roots in Metal, unlike, say, Mortiis.

Popularity of bands like Slipknot and SOAD doesn't make 'em any less heavy.

Look out for Emperor on the cover of Kerrang very soon. I'm not joking...

Lee B

Originally posted by Lee_B
SOAD have as much right to be in Terrorizer as stuff like Cold Meat Industry recording artists. At least SOAD has it's roots in Metal, unlike, say, Mortiis.
Lee B

With Mortiis its the image :p And, yub I heard the solace denied track :loco:

Lee B

hang on there my dear fellow of scurrying nature, why aren't red hot chilli peppers in it then? they are just like SOAD except RHCP dont mention angels dying! SOAD even copy RHCP vedo thingy of mixing each member together. and yes they are 'less' heavy than other bands, both musicaly and lyrically.

they are just like SOAD except RHCP dont mention angels dying!

What can I say? If you'd have said Crazy Town sound just like RHCP then I'd be nodding in agreement. But System Of A Down? Are you sure you're thinking about the right band? US / Armenian loons. Look daft but sound great. Not a funky guitar or sports sock in sight!

Poles apart in every way.

I have to go and have a lie down :confused:

Lee B

One thing I must credit Terrorizer on (I was thinking about this last night when I couldn't sleep :p) is theuir eclecticism. They cover all sorts of underground music, like industrial, goth, dance, dark ambient, experimental etc. which I think is really good :) But I'd preffer it if they just covered the more underground bands, as I can pick up ne magazine at the moment to read about slipknot :p :loco:

One thing I must credit Terrorizer on (I was thinking about this last night when I couldn't sleep ) is theuir eclecticism. They cover all sorts of underground music, like industrial, goth, dance, dark ambient, experimental etc. which I think is really good But I'd preffer it if they just covered the more underground bands, as I can pick up ne magazine at the moment to read about slipknot

Agreed. But what would be your cut-off point? Would it be based on popularity or indie status? What would happen to a band like, say, Opeth who are slowly but surely gaining a large enough fanbase to override their underground status?

I'd prefer a magazine like Terrorizer to ignore all major label releases, but that would be tricky too. MFN is owned by Zomba, Roadrunner is now mostly owned by Universal, and there's a few bands on each label that wouldn't necessarily be featured in the more mainstream mags..

I guess Terrorizer does a decent job, and to be fair, if they feature a band like Slipknot on the cover they'll double their sales that month. Underground integrity doesn't always pay the bills.

Lee B

Agreed. But what would be your cut-off point? Would it be based on popularity or indie status? What would happen to a band like, say, Opeth who are slowly but surely gaining a large enough fanbase to override their underground status?

I'd prefer a magazine like Terrorizer to ignore all major label releases, but that would be tricky too. MFN is owned by Zomba, Roadrunner is now mostly owned by Universal, and there's a few bands on each label that wouldn't necessarily be featured in the more mainstream mags..

I guess Terrorizer does a decent job, and to be fair, if they feature a band like Slipknot on the cover they'll double their sales that month. Underground integrity doesn't always pay the bills.

Lee B

Ughhhhhhhh, stop asking hard questions :loco: I'm agreed on the fact they need tohave popular bands for sales. Shame really :p :) My cut off point, i think would depend on both. And how I felt about the band, if I thought they were not very good musically I wouldn't mention them etc.

What can I say? If you'd have said Crazy Town sound just like RHCP then I'd be nodding in agreement. But System Of A Down? Are you sure you're thinking about the right band? US / Armenian loons. Look daft but sound great. Not a funky guitar or sports sock in sight!

Poles apart in every way.

I have to go and have a lie down :confused:

Lee B

um, both bands have a mad guitarist:p , and you know the video similarities between chop suey and around the world.