Opeth on Terrorizer 101...

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
This months Terrorizer features Mike and Garm on the cover and is an prog-issue, so there's interviews with Opeth (3 pages), Arcturus, Rush & Dream Theater and they speak about prog in general also...

Somethings that Mike said:

"We had to make those two albums count as one album in the contract, so it's not a profit thing at all. We're more or less going to lose money, I think"

"I have the ideas recorded on mini disc, I'm planning to have like two hours of material. Two hours of material spread across two disc"

"A lot of people are worried that they think we'll ditch all the acoustic parts from heavy songs: it'll be as before, but HEAVIER"

".., but there's gonna be a couple of months in between releases"

So here we go...

There's going to be a couple of months in between releases... of the heavier one and the mellow one? I didn't expect that for some reason. So, which first I wonder... if that's what you're talking about.

Yeah, that's what the paper says:
" It's propably gonna be out early next year I think. It's up to the label, if they can get it out sooner that's fine, but there's gonna be a couple of months in between both releases."

narg, I understood it that they were going to be released simultaneously....after all, it is one album...
...Two brand new hours of Opeth in one day would just.....oh that would be one of the best days of my life...I really hope they're released TOGETHER and in the same package..

Since it wasn't going to be a double album it would be extremely unlikely they would have been released in the same package. (because wouldn't that just make it a double album then?)

I actually think this might be a good thing. Instead of getting all the good stuff at once you'll get one CD, and then a few months later another.

Assuming the new CDs will be good, ofcourse.

I'm still trying to get a hold of this magazine. Local news kiosk didn't have it. Stupid brits and their stupid brit magazines.

I'm so desperate for this magazine I'm asking a long distance friend to buy one for me and mail it...I have to have it. I've not had a subscription to Metal Maniacs for long, but the August '01 issue features Opeth, so I ordered it a long time ago and finally got it today..

two weeks will allow me a longer time to be amazed,,,,just when i thought i had absorbed all of the material, BOOM, there is another cd. I am stoked and preparing myself mentally for the new stuff. trying to clean out my brain to focus completely when time comes

I think it's good that they're coming out separately now that I've thought about it. If I had both at once, I'd just stare at them unable to decide and never listen, and probably starve to death in that spot.

This is so going to buff up the Opeth section in my CD rack. I'll put my BWP rerelease and extra copy of Orchid in too, just to make it take up half of that whole section.

I'm skeptical about anything that they're going to put out.

"Load" was originally planned as a two cd set, one heavy...one soft...

We all know how that turned out.

FEAR NOT...FOR YOU SPEAKITH OF OPETH! :D No worries to come.

I believe they'll be out at the same time. Mikael's quote up there that reads: "We had to make those two albums count as one album in the contract..." To do that, gives me the impression that they'd have to release them at the same time if they're "counted as one" in a contract.

I'm definitely putting the heavy one in first.