Mikael talks about GR with Terrorizer

I really havent listened to Opeth in a good year... all this news is rekindling my love for these guys!

I really hope this new album is fantastic...

@Moonlapse: I hear you man, Ive just ripped on Deliverance in the past, and I feel kinda bad because Mike and Co. are such nice guys.

Fucking excellent. I love reading shit like this. Keep 'em coming guys.

I hope its going to be like Mike said.As Moonlapse said, it can be a album like MAYH or SL with the fucking good details and mixing.

I really dont know what the problem was with deliverance....i fucken LOVE it. Im glad he at least ackowleges that the song itself is one of their best...love to hear it live.

I've been listening to Deliverance this morning...I think it's a great album. "Wreath" I think is sort of one of their weaker songs...but the last few tracks are just babelicious.

i'm confident Ghost Reveries will kick as much ass as at least Blackwater Park.

I believe the best products come out of good preparation, which was not done on the last 2 albums. This one is goign to be good.

and fuck me....a subscription to Terrorizer magazine is 104 U.S dollars? fuck that. I like the magazine...but that' s fuckin ridiculous.

You can't really compare Opeth's albums to each other because they are so different in style. Orchid was like this Flok/Black Metal-esque album, then Morningrise was pure folk metal (with some progressive roots starting to show). And then here comes MAYH that sounds nohing like Opeth. Ever since then they've never stayed the same. Which I like.

I cant wait to listen to a new ending like Serenity Painted Death lol if the new album will be as detailed as Still Life is totally, theyd also pay attention to things like that. sorry lol The new album is gonna be the best of metal. Its gonna blast out our fucking brain.

btw

Saber Rider said:
Deliverance kicks every other of Opeth's albums asses.

Is Deliverance your only Opeth album? It is supposed to be the only one you have listenend to i guess. Why do you talk shit? lol.. What about Blackwater Park? Still Life? MORNINGRISE? lol.. There are worlds between Deliverance and Morningrise... you moron :wave:

fuscous said:
Is Deliverance your only Opeth album? It is supposed to be the only one you have listenend to i guess. Why do you talk shit? lol.. What about Blackwater Park? Still Life? MORNINGRISE? lol.. There are worlds between Deliverance and Morningrise... you moron :wave:
You can stick that comment up your ass, idiot.

After listening to all Opeth albums countless times I came to the comclusion that Deliverance is my favorite album.
It's nice that morons like you don't get this simple procedure.

Saber Rider said:
You can stick that comment up your ass, idiot.

After listening to all Opeth albums countless times I came to the comclusion that Deliverance is my favorite album.
It's nice that morons like you don't get this simple procedure.

It's nice to know that morons like you dont have a clue.

I think it's nice that Mikael admits that there was something lacking on Deliverance. It's always very frustrating when bands release an album you (as a fan) don't like and then you hear them talk about how they think it's the best thing ever because that just leaves little hope for future releases. And Deliverance wasn't even bad anyway, it just wasn't quite up to par with some of their back catalog. But it's reassuring to see that they realize this too. Can't wait for the new stuff.

with every new inrerview I read my patience is tested...wowo.cant wit fo rthis one..i think my life's most awaited CD.....hahaha.....plus it;ll be a double wahmmy..since Katatonia is also done...wohoo..........PEACE OUT